Thats what this is
wireless conection/router
Collapse
X
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Thats what this is
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me -
Re: wireless conection/router
K- Can you ping the 192.168.1.1 address (if you hard-code your wired client on the same subnet). The routers will be reachable at that address the first few seconds after boot up. You can usually tftp a file (tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT filename) to the device. If that doesn't work try some of the "unbrick" methods on the dd-wrt site. More than likely you just need to do the tftp put. I take it the power light just continues to flash?"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Sunny, I'm about to jump off the ledge with this POS.
unfortunately its not even responding to PING. I'm afraid I've bricked it and I'm just too nervous to try that JTAG crap.
Can you PM me a contact number bro, I'm at my wits end.
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
and yea the power light continues to flash endlessly with all 4 ethernet port lights solid. I've tried every "reset" method listed on that website and it continues to do the same fucking shit over and over... i.e. blink endlessly
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Try pinging it at the 192.168.1.1 address. If you can ping it you can TFTP to it. Sometimes the timing is a bitch but it should work. Of course you need to be connected directly with an ethernet cable to the router and put in a static ip on your host computer. What I typically do is have the command already typed in, unplug the router, plug it back in and as soon as your computer shows "connected" hit enter.
Worst case scenerio you can open it up and ground pins, but as many mistakes as I've made with these things I've never had to do that (and I've flashed these things over 40 times)."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
I've done all of the above, problem is the router doesn't appear to "boot" up when I plug it in, all the Lan lights come on instantly and Power led starts blinking. It feels like its been royally toasted. I even unplugged it, held down reset for 1 min, plugged it back in while still holding rest and at the same time run the tftp app (linksys utility) and let it try 99 times.
NADA.
It just keeps saying unable to reach host and ipconfig /all shows media disconnectedwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
bit encryption sux it can be cracked in 20 minutes... try enabling MAC ADRESS FILTER just type the mac adresses of your computers on the router web based menu under mac adress filter
you can check your computers mac adress by going to run>cmd.exe and then on the command prompt type ipconfig/all that should give you the mac adress of that computer.Comment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Hmm, well the following should work. I've never had to do it so read through it carefully. It is dependent on which version your router is (look on the bottom for the sticker):I've done all of the above, problem is the router doesn't appear to "boot" up when I plug it in, all the Lan lights come on instantly and Power led starts blinking. It feels like its been royally toasted. I even unplugged it, held down reset for 1 min, plugged it back in while still holding rest and at the same time run the tftp app (linksys utility) and let it try 99 times.
NADA.
It just keeps saying unable to reach host and ipconfig /all shows media disconnected
http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47259"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Sunny - I fucking did it man I fucking did it. I tried shorting pins 15 -16 several times and that didnt work. Then I tried shorting pins 5 - 6 and that did nothing. Finally someone on the dd-wrt forums had mentioned try grounding pin 16 with the antenna ground.
I took a piece of old phone cable, stripped out the ends, exposed the wires, touched one end to the antenna ground, touched the second to pin 16 and VOILA its fixed. Instantly all the solid Network lights went away and the single light corresponding to the connected network cable sprung into life and pings came alive.... phew....
I'm gonna try redo the DD-WRT hack again
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Here's a link to the photo if you're interested

www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
btw I'm noticing weird problems with my router, when I download a file from the internet connected by cable vs wireless, the difference in speeds is halfwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Cool. I'm glad you got it working. Regarding the slow downloads, I would try doing a wireless survey (On the status-wireless tab) and see if someone else is running on the same channel as you in the area. If so change yours over to another. Also, depending on your signal strength I would consider bumping up the tx power (on the wireless - advanced settings page), I've got all of my routers set to ~ 55, the default is 28. Keep in mind that too much power can be just as bad a thing too as the signal gets 'dirty'."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
Sunny thanks for that, I tweaked it a bit but didn't notice much of a change (running Channel 9)
I also have access to a dying B router, so I'm gonna experiment setting up a repeater to extend the range some (some odd reason my Transmit speeds drop to shit within my tiny apartment even with spoodbooster crap enabled)
Have you tried that ?Last edited by Kamal; March 27, 2007, 08:12:32 AM.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
I've only tried the repeater mode at a friends house (he is stealing his neighbors connection). It didn't work as expected. I thought it would have simply repeated the signal and the network would show a stronger signal. Instead I had to set it up to act as a client and then create another SSID which he connects to (the beta v24 can do ~ 10 different SSID's with different encryption mechanisms).
What I'm doing at my house is the WDS. I have 3 routers which all talk to each other and only 1 SSID with a strong signal through out the house. I've found this to work quite well. I didn't have much luck with the 'lazy WDS' but the manual one works great. Basically you have to put in your wlan mac addresses for all the other routers you have and once it's setup they all talk as if they were all chained together. You can plug wired clients into the lan ports and they think they are on a wired network and you can still connect with wireless clients too."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: wireless conection/router
I took a piece of old phone cable, stripped out the ends, exposed the wires, touched one end to the antenna ground, touched the second to pin 16 and VOILA its fixed. Instantly all the solid Network lights went away and the single light corresponding to the connected network cable sprung into life and pings came alive.... phew....
It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment