It's like someone finally did a good back to mine. Can't wait for that D Ramierez EMix
Phil Kieran - Essential Mix 2007.04.15
Collapse
X
-
Re: Phil Kieran - Essential Mix 2007.04.15
This is essential mix of the year, imo. Love these eclectic type essential mixes which comprise tracks that i probably should have heard before but havent lol..
LOVE IT"pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: Phil Kieran - Essential Mix 2007.04.15
yep could be my essential mix of the year also besides howells and radio slaves one so far.
i expected from him a different mix, a bit harder, more 'real' techno like beyer played in the past.
thumbs up!!!Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Phil Kieran - Essential Mix 2007.04.15
This is awesome, a fucking musical masterclass about some of the best music of the past 20/30 years. A classic, IMO.Comment
-
Re: Phil Kieran - Essential Mix 2007.04.15
Thanks guys for the share(s), I wonder if Funk D'Void will ever get asked to do an Essential Mix anytime soon? I think he is due.....BIGTIME.Comment
-
Re: Phil Kieran - Essential Mix 2007.04.15
to those ranking this thread really low, please explain why. im just dumbfounded as to how anyone can rate this mix below a 5 or even a 4.. dunno...
couple comments on radio 1's website seems to make sense to me:
"Frankly if you didn't enjoy that, then you don't really like music. But i'm sure there will be some 'Hard house' or 'Tech Trance' along in a few weeks that will be hailed as 'genius'.....and your more than welcome to it.
Paul, New York"
"It’s a real shame to hear people slating this mix. Ok I can appreciate it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But at least it wasn’t 2 hours of the same style music looped and re-edited in Ableton or on CDJ’s/ which is exactly what we can expect from Fergie or have heard so many times recently. I really can’t understand what the excitement is about his EM he is nothing special. Trouble is, we have been force fed the same music and mixing styles for so long. As soon as something a bit different comes along it scares people. 10/10 for this mix. If not for its flow and tune selection, for it’s sheer balsy approach and use of classic tracks with a bit of a tweak. Far more thought went into this than some people appreciate I think. For those of you who didn’t like/get this mix. I’m sure Fergie will bring you 2 hours of his usual ropey mixing and badly time loops to reassure you that there are still average DJ’s getting to play on the big stage. But for us less blinkered listeners. This was a real journey and worthy of of respect.
anon""pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment