Buehrle hurls no-hitter to lead ChiSox over Rangers:
Mark Buehrle with the No No
Collapse
X
-
Mark Buehrle with the No No
Good for him and good for baseball... but for some reason, it just doesn't seem like its all that important the way it used to be. don't know why, but congrats to him and the sox. there have been too few recently. the one last year in FLA was pretty cool too.
Buehrle hurls no-hitter to lead ChiSox over Rangers:
Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?Tags: None -
Re: Mark Buehrle with the No No
I still love seeing a nono, even if it is for the White Sox.
Random useless non related fact:
The hardest thing to do in baseball, statistically, is score an unassisted triple play.
Second is the perfect game, followed by a no no, then hitting for the cycle.
so if you've got spare storage in your brain for this kind of stuff- there ya go. -
Re: Mark Buehrle with the No No
Kinda surprised that hitting for the cycle occurs more frequently than no-hitters. Seems like I hear about no-nos from time to time, but rarely do I hear of someone hitting for the cycle. The thing about hitting for the cycle is that it isn't just about ability, you also have to have circumstances fall just so for it to be possible. One routine hit, one gapper, one getting tied up in a corner or something, and a dinger. Odd combination of plays, and it seems like people have multi-HR games much more frequently. Oh well. It is what it is, I suppose.I still love seeing a nono, even if it is for the White Sox.
Random useless non related fact:
The hardest thing to do in baseball, statistically, is score an unassisted triple play.
Second is the perfect game, followed by a no no, then hitting for the cycle.
so if you've got spare storage in your brain for this kind of stuff- there ya go.
I actually saw Dave Winfield hit for the cycle at Royal's Stadium way back when. Pretty cool, really.Comment
-
Re: Mark Buehrle with the No No
I saw John Mabry hit for the cycle, IN ORDER, with the cards. Only card to ever do that.Kinda surprised that hitting for the cycle occurs more frequently than no-hitters. Seems like I hear about no-nos from time to time, but rarely do I hear of someone hitting for the cycle. The thing about hitting for the cycle is that it isn't just about ability, you also have to have circumstances fall just so for it to be possible. One routine hit, one gapper, one getting tied up in a corner or something, and a dinger. Odd combination of plays, and it seems like people have multi-HR games much more frequently. Oh well. It is what it is, I suppose.
I actually saw Dave Winfield hit for the cycle at Royal's Stadium way back when. Pretty cool, really.
this comment:
applies to all the above, especially the unassisted triple play. and with a no no, also, 50/50 luck/skill imo, which is why you see guys like Mark Buehrle get one. Sometimes the sun shines on a dog's ass just right. Was listening to AM sports talk today and Peter Red Sox Gammons made the comment that pitching a no no for a guy like Buehrle is really a lot more about luck than skill, considering Buehrle is a contact pitcher- throws for the ground balls, popups, etc, not necessarily mowing people down or gaming to paint the corner to get people out.The thing about hitting for the cycle is that it isn't just about ability, you also have to have circumstances fall just so for it to be possible.
Talking about amazing rarities- Two Grand slams in a game, oh but wait, two grand slams in ONE INNING! - - - Fernando Tatis - Cards 99
Comment
-
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment