personally my vote goes to trentmoller, lets face it this guy has a talent but how many sets have u heard from him in the past few years that have just been the same songs played over and over again and the sets just keep coming, you would think a guy with this kind of talent would use it to create something a bit special from time to time but i just get the fealing that this guy is in the bizz for all the wrong reasons, any of u guys care to discuss?
so something got me thinking.....
Collapse
X
-
so something got me thinking.....
and i have to ask you guys who u think is the most boring dj in dance music @ the mo and why?
personally my vote goes to trentmoller, lets face it this guy has a talent but how many sets have u heard from him in the past few years that have just been the same songs played over and over again and the sets just keep coming, you would think a guy with this kind of talent would use it to create something a bit special from time to time but i just get the fealing that this guy is in the bizz for all the wrong reasons, any of u guys care to discuss?Tags: None -
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
Nicholas Bennison. That dude was always fucking horrid. He put me to sleep some 10 years ago at a show here in LA. I was on the stage behind him because I knew the promoters and the dude was a cock, he put on the same fucking song over and over throughout the whole night and I fell asleep. I woke up, he was still on, I asked him why he kept using the same vinyl and he did not look happy at all. Someone should have told him to stop DJing before he even started.Comment
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
Erm......of the dj's that I have heard, I would say Steve Lawler bored me to tears.Comment
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
In terms of opening DJ's, Jon Carbon has been dire when he's opened for Sasha (conversely Marcus James has been bang on it EVERY time I've seen him open). As far as DJ's with reps, I'm afraid Lee Burridge has bored me to death each time I've had the misfortune to see him.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
-
Comment
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
James Zabiela bores the shit out of me. His music sets are very hit or miss for me. He has some sets that sound like a bunch of noise. He is amazing technically on the CDJs.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
Definitely Three has got to be one of the most boring Dj's I've ever seen. I've seen him a few times considering hes from down there in Tampa. never been impressed." Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
- Me-Comment
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
Trentemoller won the best Essential Mix for last year as well I think. His DJ sets might not be that inspiring but his album (The Last Resort) is a stunning piece of work.
Deep Dish have completely lost their way in the past few years in my opinion.Comment
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
MstrkrftOriginally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: so something got me thinking.....
how about 2/3 of the p + r section for starters? seriously, most djs out there are boring, its not like one here and one there, the only mfs out there on the front line smashing shit right now are steve lawler, john digweed, luke fair, and a few others i can't think of right now.and i have to ask you guys who u think is the most boring dj in dance music @ the mo and why?
personally my vote goes to trentmoller, lets face it this guy has a talent but how many sets have u heard from him in the past few years that have just been the same songs played over and over again and the sets just keep coming, you would think a guy with this kind of talent would use it to create something a bit special from time to time but i just get the fealing that this guy is in the bizz for all the wrong reasons, any of u guys care to discuss?
calling out trentemoller like that isn't cool, by your post your basically saying trentemoller is in this shit for money, thats not the case, dude is 100% legit, he's just really technical and a max geek, so he really dosn't care about djing like that cuz he's just going to use the money for the latest geek plugin for cubase or something. Don't knock the hustle.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment