I dont have a part number and the couple of laptop replacement part sites online dont seem to have one...This fan doesnt look like anything I could buy at Fry's either.
My laptop is jacked.
Collapse
X
-
My laptop is jacked.
I think it is just the fan. The thing started locking up and rebooting randomly, and I think the fan is broken. I took it out, but how the hell am I supposed to find a replacement?
I dont have a part number and the couple of laptop replacement part sites online dont seem to have one...This fan doesnt look like anything I could buy at Fry's either.Tags: None -
Re: My laptop is jacked.
I've had fan failures on my desktop and 100% of the times, the PC froze but never rebooted. I had to unplug and replug the power cable to get it going again. It froze so oddly that the last thing I was doing was the image that froze on the screen. Ctrl + Alt + Dlt did nothing, HD light wouldn't blink, nothing. So the problem could lie somewhere else if your Lappie is rebooting.
I presume you've run the normal adware, spyware, virus sweep on the machine.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me -
Re: My laptop is jacked.
Yeah, I am sure it is not that i am too big of a compter dork to click on popups because my COMPUTER IS BROADCASTING ITS IP ADDRESS!!!, I had the box running linux for a long time and it just started happening randomly.
I booted off of a linux cd to see if i could see in the logs if it was shutting down due to heat like it would if i accidently blocked the fan with my legs. when i had debian installed on it it would leave a msg in the logs. now that i have it running windows it doesnt tell me jack. booting off the linux cd funny thing is it doesnt shut down, i think it is because of the old linux bootcd i have doesnt have the acpi drivers it needs to sense the temp gagues from the mobo.
i should just wack my xp install and reinstall it and see what happens...does the fan on the underside of the laptop run constantly in general? because when i started looking around i noticed it wasnt moving at all which made me think the fan. i usually use it and have it proped up on my legs so i am thinking over time i wore the fan out by blocking it and then it stopped working, which is causing the problem now.Comment
-
Re: My laptop is jacked.
that sounds like a loose connection /pin ..... did you test for that ?www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: My laptop is jacked.
try leaving it unplugged and boot up. I've had mine unplugged forever now and took care of my freezing probswww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: My laptop is jacked.
i had the same problem and the computer rebooted on me, yes i had a problem with the fan, i suggest you check em right away.Comment
-
Re: My laptop is jacked.
well i just reconnected the fan again and plugged the power back in and it seems to be doing the same thing it was before. the fan will spin up for a couple of seconds when the laptop turns on, but it stops after that. i need to let it run for a while and see if i try and do something cpu intensive if it turns back on, but i think it should be spinning the entire time the laptop is on dont you think?Comment
-
Re: My laptop is jacked.
yeah call your delear right away before you get a general failure with the hardware because of overheating.Comment
-
Re: My laptop is jacked.
If your dealer can't help you or if you're out of warranty, check out either your IDE/SATA port on your motherboard or take out the hard drive and plug it into your desktop and run a diagnostics check on it. If your laptop is randomly rebooting, you can try and see if it's either the hard drive, the graphics processor or the data port that your hard drive connects to the motherboard.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment