One tip tho: never open for a hardstyle numbskull when you play prog...
How To Be An Opening DJ
Collapse
X
-
Re: How To Be An Opening DJ
One tip tho: never open for a hardstyle numbskull when you play prog...Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway -
Re: How To Be An Opening DJ
I think the best way to open is...
Start off slowly, maybe even start with a chill tune or two depending on the venue, and then work into some unique slightly more upbeat progressive, but not too bangin 'tunes. Set the mood, and try to work your set to END at the point where the following dj STARTS his set.
Jimmy V is known for having excellent warm-ups.Comment
-
Re: How To Be An Opening DJ
Agreed
Nigga pleazzzz. I much rather prefer to be in tiny letters on some fucked up flyer than having it huge bold and shit.
I dont care for peaktime tunes. Do I have some, yes of course. Anyone can play the big tunes. It's easy, they're all banging and full of energy.
The true art is knowing how to warm up the club. It's a lot more difficult than playing banger after banger. Unless you've established yourself in the industry/world; then you can do whatever the hell you wanna do and play the big tracks.
I love deep house. It comes in all forms, lushy, dark, funky, melodic, techy and you have to know how to put them together. I much rather be a warm up dj. Im not for fame or fortune, it's a dope hobby.
....and I'll tell ya what, you can mix up a proper warm up set that'll have the dance floor movin and groovin just as much as any headliner at 2am (maybe not to a full on capacity cause no one's gotten there yet) but the'll be heads nodding and smiles on faces... It's a whole different vibe.
Comment
-
Re: How To Be An Opening DJ
I'd much rather have my name on the flyer period. But yeah I wanna be on the top of that fecking flyer. That's why i've been working on my productions like I have.Comment
-
Re: How To Be An Opening DJ
jvm and chloe are both good examples of how to open up a room.
respect.Comment
-
Re: How To Be An Opening DJ
yesFor your aural infusion of Caley:
http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
http://ultrawizardsword.net
RA: CaleyComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment