sorry to hear, you had such great potential
Inspirational or Ridiculous?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Inspirational or Ridiculous?
Sorry to let you down of late Ben, it's just that over the past year or so everytime i picked up a paper, turned on the news, opened a thread, it's just more of the same bullshit. Republicans, Democrats: blah blah blah, two sides of the same coin.
I've adopted a new philosophy, at least until 2008 gets closer (and i realize this is pretty selfish): I don't watch the news, i don't read about it, i don't talk about it, nothing, nada, zilch, i just stopped caring all together. Unplugged and tuned out. Yeah, i know- way to be involved and informed jenks! i'm really not having a problem with it at the moment tho. Call me when it's election time.Comment
-
Re: Inspirational or Ridiculous?
This thread kinda reminds me of Men of Honor.
@ toasty: even though I wouldn't do the same thing if I'd be your uncle, I understand the reasons behind it. My dad is going through more or less the same situation. He's getting older and can't keep up with the stress and the workload of his job combined with the various functions he has in various boards and committees. For him it's a way to define himself towards others (and maybe towards himself as well, I don't know). I have no clue what he'd do if he had to stop working tomorrow, but I'm sure it won't be pretty. I guess some people really see their job as a large part of their identity...
That said I think it's inspirational and not ridiculous. I always wanted to have something that meant th?t much to me. Never found it in my job (even though I like my job), but fortunately I've found it in Erzina.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment