I was a bit concerned because it is technically a romantic comedy, so I was thinking it might kinda be a chick flick, but although there is a bit of that, it is much heavier on the "comedy" part of it. Highly recommended!!!
Knocked Up
Collapse
X
-
Knocked Up
Saw this over the weekend, and can attest that it is very, very funny!


I was a bit concerned because it is technically a romantic comedy, so I was thinking it might kinda be a chick flick, but although there is a bit of that, it is much heavier on the "comedy" part of it. Highly recommended!!!Tags: None -
Re: Knocked Up
Saw this over the weekend as well. Thought it was damn funny and smart (a rare double bill nowadays
)...but needed the opinion of someone who isn't having a baby in a few months to make sure it wasn't my personal bias liking it
"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
Re: Knocked Up
I thought this was quite good...I wouldn't even really categorize it as a romantic comedy - the dialogue is much more raw and it avoids pretty much all of the cheesiness associated with such a movie, particularly towards the end. It's not the storyline that makes it so unique, it's the dialogue - really well written and a lot of good laughs along the waymixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: Knocked Up
So do you think they asked her...."so how do you want us to portray your vagina? Waxed? Landing Strip? "
The dialog was fantastic. They totally captured how guys sit around and bullshit, go off on some tangent (back to the future) and totally just build up a scenario until it gets utterly ridiculous.
In a way though, it made me sad. Most of the scenarios don't have the happy ending this movie does.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: Knocked Up
I saw it today and thought they did a good job of making it not only funny, but a good movie that both men & women can enjoy. Some funny movies are too guy oriented and scare away the other sex for being too stupid. Or a movie is too much of a "chick flick". They seemed to balance it pretty well. I agree with others that the dialogue definitely seemed more realistic and was also smart & funny.
Some of the movie was a little too cliche where it's the same story we've heard where the girl has her shit together and the guy is a fuck up. He grows up to be a responsible man because he's forced to blah blah. We don't see Hollywood creating movies where the situation is reversed and the girl is the fuck up. Only the movie Pretty Woman comes to mind and women love that movie. Regardless, I look forward to the DVD to watch Knocked Up again.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: Knocked Up
Saw this last weekend and I agree with everyone else. Great movie. I was expecting a chick flick, but it was really funny and kept me from feeling like it was chick flick.
Guys - bring your women to this. You'll get bonus points for taking her to the chick flick, and you will enjoy the movie. All good things!Comment
-
Re: Knocked Up
Just saw it and I'm going to have to agree... Funny as hell.
"Oh I'm sorry, that's not your vagina, that's your asshole." LOLComment
-
Comment
-
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment