Originally from Singapore, spent 7 years in Australia, planning to return for long-term next year
Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
Collapse
X
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
Originally from Singapore, spent 7 years in Australia, planning to return for long-term next year

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
Sure did!!! and they were great fun!! Sunny seems to bring out the best in Djs, I saw Lexicon Ave at 161 and walked out through the set. Saw them later at Sunny , and they were great! Brown Alley is a really good club.
I think Future is more into Festivals these days .
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
Can't believe this is all the photos I found
http://www.residentadvisor.net/photo....aspx?set=1960The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
This is from Dj whose opinion I respect enormously but up till until now wasn't an ardent Hernan fan,
"What a day...
Hernan played quite possibly one of the best progressive sets I can remember hearing. Deep & shimmering for the entire 5 hours, a good mixture of old & new... he never skipped a single beat, it was almost like it was one piece of music. I lost count of the amount of times i was standing up the back just thinking 'fuck i didn't think anyone made music like this anymore', because i certainly stopped being able to find it a long time ago.
Moment of the night for me was when he dropped 'The Shepherd'... When that melody dropped the place erupted and i almost spilt my drink lol (and i had to politely leave the conversation i was having with Dan Mangan because 'i had to go and dance' )."
I love the deep and shimmering bit!!


The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Comment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
Yeah and those are closeups when I would have liked to see more of the actual event!!I think the sunny/ darkbeat crowd aren't all that into pics. Totally into the music though! and really know how to have fun!!
Which is one of the reasons this was such a memorable night. In this case it is a real shame we didn't get any pics.
btw They are putting on Pappa on the 21st July, should be another memorable day /night .
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
^^ Glad you had a blast for Hernan
Let us know how pappa isComment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
^^^^A blast isn't the word for Hernan's set!! It's a nearly a week later and I'm still totally floored by just how brilliant that set was!! I just keep thinking about it.
Just try and stop me telling everyone about Pappa.
The last two parties of his I've been to were also amazingly good. !!
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
^^^ Pappa and Hernan are 2 of my favs
it's great to hear you were blown away
Comment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
That’s it! I can’t take it anymore, damn Sydney and their inability to give Hernan the time he deserved! I’m yet to attend a gig in Melbourne, I keep on hearing about how aware and respectful the crowd and scenes in general are up there. I need to do myself a favor and pay Melbourne a visit, only problem is I might never return!
As I alluded to in the Australia forum (Thanks to DI for pointing me in the direction of this thread) his closing set in the festival was more techy than what I’ve come to expect from Hernan, the set also saw him utilising his new found appreciation of minimal. Where his set within the confines of the club was classical Hernan, saw dark, driving and emotive, with his last hour being so driving I had to lean against the wall for support!
The mans a genius!Comment
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
Hernan just keeps getting better and better in my opionin. Has always been a great DJ live, but his past couple of comps left me a little cold. His latest Sequential though is
, the second disc particularly... Not sure if he's playing London anytime soon, but am there if he is!!
Comment
-
-
Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.
Tim, Hernan plays London regularly either at Turnmills or for Renaissance at The Cross.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment