If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Re: Raff n Freddy>MRE>Resistance D>Dominica>Medway>Sander Kleinenberg
^
|
uhh yer nuts. transitions one and two is so masterfully mixed its almost hard to describe. listen to the individual tracks of those comps on their own...it will give you a much greater appreciation for the soundscape john has created with both those mixes. much more subtle than his gu outings, mmII, or fabric 20, but definitely not a step down...
Re: Raff n Freddy>MRE>Resistance D>Dominica>Medway>Sander Kleinenberg
Originally posted by day_for_night
^
uhh yer nuts. transitions one and two is so masterfully mixed its almost hard to describe. listen to the individual tracks of those comps on their own...it will give you a much greater appreciation for the soundscape john has created with both those mixes. much more subtle than his gu outings, mmII, or fabric 20, but definitely not a step down...
I knew this would be "controversial"....
Transitions 1 & 2 are the best mixed compilations currently out there & released in the past 12 months. I just don't think there as memorably mixed as most of his previous efforts. (I'll grant you MMII; but what a track selection!!)
"much more subtle than his gu outings" Which GU do you mean? Los Angeles?
Check out Disk 2 : Sanctuary(JVM)->Strapped(the white room)->My Release(Medway)->Adyssa(DJ Gogo): almost perfect seamless mixing. What about Carnival Xiii (Breeder) into One (Aria) where he starts mixing the Aria track around 2 mins 30 secs. before it "begins"?
What about Disk 1 of GU Hong Kong? He mixes Tribe and Trance (Voyager remix) Francesco Farfa for 3 minutes 36 seconds of the next track Here I am (Hard Mix) (Lexicon Avenue). Disk 2; Heaven Scent into She Does (Quivver) over 2 & a half minute overlap. Mate he's almost creating brand new tracks just from the mixes between one to the next. Nothing UNsubtle about that!!!
Please don't get me wrong. Digweed can mix excellently in his sleep, but I just don't feel he's put the same effort into mixing his latest efforts as his previous ones.
Who know's? Maybe I've got a touch of sentimentalitis......
Re: Raff n Freddy>MRE>Resistance D>Dominica>Medway>Sander Kleinenberg
Originally posted by JK224
Old days meaning anything before the electro/minimal/tech house invasion just a few years back.
What's the deal with electro anyway?? Harsh, scratchy effects driven sounds without much melody.
Tech house is a but of alright. I remember chucking to miself when I bought Lucien Foorts' first mix comp Singularity in 2000 and it was styled as "progressive tech-house". WTF????
Re: Raff n Freddy>MRE>Resistance D>Dominica>Medway>Sander Kleinenberg
I would hazard a guess and say 50-60% of the stuff being released back then (1998-2001) and making it onto compilations was top-draw stuff. Can the same be said today? I think not.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment