If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Re: Sasha & John Digweed at Bonnaroo 2007 set (now with multiple links)
Originally posted by JK224
After repeated listens, this set, imho is not that great. With the access these guys have to promos and advance tracks, I thought that this was going to be far better. There were some interesting tracks but nothing mind blowing. Pretty much anything I've heard them doing together in recent years has been disappointing. Just my two cents...
Needless to say I enjoy Sasha and Digweed far more than any other DJ's, past or present and that Sasha has been somewhat off his A game recently but I disagree with your comments.
Digweed has been playing well constructed, flowing sets, with a heap of unheard tracks. Sasha partly due to working on Involver 2 is starting to get back to his best. This b2b is one of the better sets for 2007 and one of their better sets I've heard in some time... in my humble opinion ofcourse!
Re: Sasha & John Digweed at Bonnaroo 2007 set (now with multiple links)
Originally posted by JK224
After repeated listens, this set, imho is not that great. With the access these guys have to promos and advance tracks, I thought that this was going to be far better. There were some interesting tracks but nothing mind blowing. Pretty much anything I've heard them doing together in recent years has been disappointing. Just my two cents...
i honestly wasn't expecting all new tracks on this set. think about the venue - it's mostly rock bands and fucking hippies, isn't it?
i would think that at a huge gig, a smart DJ would work with mostly tracks that have proven to get people jumping around rather than play a bunch of new untested stuff
Re: Sasha & John Digweed at Bonnaroo 2007 set (now with multiple links)
Thanks for the 320 uploads!! Took a while but was finally able to grab them yesterday evening. Thanks Jibs, got the 3 parts, makes it easier to listen than 1 big ass file!.
I just saw a YouTube video of a glimpse of their tent DJ set at Bonnaroo 2007 and it was sick. Don't know if it was Sasha or Digweed but it sounded really good and the whole huge tent was packed to the hilt.
Anyone know if this set was recorded and possibly available?
Re: Sasha & John Digweed at Bonnaroo 2007 set (now with multiple links)
Originally posted by tiddles
i honestly wasn't expecting all new tracks on this set. think about the venue - it's mostly rock bands and fucking hippies, isn't it?
i would think that at a huge gig, a smart DJ would work with mostly tracks that have proven to get people jumping around rather than play a bunch of new untested stuff
exactly right, you are playing at a popular festival to yanks. surprised there wasn't anymore big tunes to be honest.
Re: Sasha & John Digweed at Bonnaroo 2007 set (now with multiple links)
Originally posted by dusk
I'm finding it really heard to enjoy this set with headphones on or in my car.. maybe I'm missing something
Well it sounds great on my headphones (sony 700) Just a bit of tweaking on my pc bass knob and some on my winamp. But that's it really.
I think part 3 or 2 does have a heavier bassline, but it does not rattle my headphones, its just that vibrating bass off the recording, but it isn't bad imo. I acutally like it...it's like being there live but without having your entire body shake next to the speaker...
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment