Yeah Kamal, the things you mentioned take a few hours to get the hang of permanantly.
FAO Computer Nerds
Collapse
X
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
it was probably glossy Toasty. The blacks are uber rich. I stayed away because I like to work on the back deck in the Spring/Summer, the glare is just nast-e as can be. If that is not a concern you are golden. I hate glare, drives me freaking nuts, even a little.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
yep. so very true. i was surprised how easy things are. even some of the more complex things, like updating firmware and etc. cake walk.Yeah Kamal, the things you mentioned take a few hours to get the hang of permanantly.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
Toasty. if you are going to wait for Leopard and possibly a new MBP update ... you will have to wait until 2008. There will a new MBP update by then. If you are just waiting for Leopard, go buy yourself a MBP now. Truly a blissful machine. In October I will be wiping my MBP clean and going to a full 64 system. I waited over a year. I am happy I did. Every morning I wake up and hear the system start up sound, I look at this machine and wish I had a compatible input. I care so much for this machine it is sick. Not only that, I have pledged all my electronics to Apple. It is a new world over here. The fun is back into using my computer, the min software that it comes with is just amazing. I could go on and on and I probably will. I have all ready tested the MBP to the limits and it just cranks and keeps up.
I love you MBP.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
Yeah, i have the developer version of leopard, and it's quite nifty, but nothing to wait around for really. It's a lot better and faster, but it's coming out soon, and like Dom said (and like I have now) the newest version of the MBP just came out and it wont be updated again till next year.Comment
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
The only thing I will mention ... the thing gets fucking hot. I had it on my lap when I was camping and fixing up some photos in Aperture ... I did not know if was me hitting pre-menopause or what, but my legs where on fire. When I finally realized to check the bottom I was freaking surprised I could cook bacon and eggs. Though there were no performance issues and I thought all that time the nice glowing heat from the fire was keeping me warm, it was actually my MBP. I was so far away from the fire it was not even radiating any heat.
Wear your underwear when using the MBP on your lap. Cooked sausage is cooked sausage.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
I'm more waiting for Leopard than another MBP update. There are some features that I know I want (Spaces, Quick Look, for instance) and I'd rather have a squeaky clean OS installed from the factory than doing the old upgrade thing that never seems to go as cleanly as a fresh install.
Then again, I'm accustomed to Windows upgrades, so perhaps I'm overreacting on that front.
The other driving factor is that I really don't need a new laptop right now, it is more of a want thing. If I had to have one right away, I'd certainly go for it now and just deal with the upgrade (and the extra $200) in October, but for something that is essentially replacing a perfectly good laptop, there's no need for me to rush.Comment
-
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
nope....www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: FAO Computer Nerds
Don't do it! Hang in there!
From Kamal's description of the screen rendering, especially the uber-rich black, it sounds like a glossy screen.
Re. right click issue, you don't even need a mighty mouse, any ol' two-button scroll-wheel USB mouse can be plugged in and configured for right-clicking. That's usually the first big hurdle that a Windows -> Mac user has to overcome and it's easily solved.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment