If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Both my ipods are dead and I am looking to replace them with something cheaper. However, I loved how my ipods easily interfaced with winamp using the MLipod pluging. Are there any non Ipod MP3 players out there that will work with winamp as well as ipods do? I tried a creative zen but that didnt' work (and there original software was crap as well).
Any suggestions?
Edit* Supposedly there is a plug-in bundled with winamp that should allow anyone player to work, but it didn't for me. Probably something I did wrong at my end. But if you have an mp3 player that DOES work with winamp, kindly share what brand it is just so I can use it as a point of reference when deciding what to buy....
Since 1999, we've paid our members over $4.6 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!
It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.
Well I haven't tried a non-iPod, but when I plug in anything like a flash drive with Winamp open, it always asks if it's a device I want to manage with Winamp. That player should work, but no guarantee on that.
"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
Right, I would get that far as well...it would show up in Winamp...just couldn't transfer music to it. It would always fail when I went to transfer tunes.
It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.
Iriver is a popular alternative to iPod. From what I've read, users think it has good sound (better than iPod?), more features (line-in recording too I think) and most of the models support Microsoft's Play For Sure standard, and Winamp supports that I believe. Portable Device Support in Winamp on the Winamp forum might help you out.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
Yeah the iriver is nice, but the interface sucks. The sound quality is good, pretty much just the same as an ipod. But there is just so much more you can do with an ipod. Most of those "ipod killer" companies made the mistake of not coming out with any new and IMPROVED models, and that is why most are now out of business.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment