If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
My pc was apparently zapped by lightning the other day so looks like I need a new mother board. Ive been needing to upgrade anyway.
I havent been keeping up with the technology lately and since I now have limited access to a pc I dont have much time to do research so does anyone have suggestions for mother board & CPU setups?
Im not a gamer so I dont need a gaming system but I do use photoshop and video software quite frequently.
If possible a link from newegg or similar site would be great.
For under a grand? You can build a killer machine for that price, easily. The obvious thing to do now is go for an Intel Core 2 Duo or even a Quad Core because they are immensely cheap. You can get a high quality Duo for under $170 or the Q6600 Quad Core for around $260. A 500GB hard drive for around $100, quality 2GB of RAM for under $90, decent case for $80, power supply for $70. I'm not too sure on the motherboard prices as I haven't been looking but probably will later on this year when I get that itch to build another unit but they can't be that pricey nowadays. Anyone here want to give some input on that aspect? Do you need a monitor, keyboard and mouse or are you already covered in that aspect?
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment