If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
OK, plan is coming together. We're staying at Paris, and seeing Ka at MGM Grand (some in our group had already seen O and Mystere is on break). Planning to eat at Alize at the top of the Palms, Michael Mina @ Bellagio, and Craft Steakhouse at MGM for sure, will play it by ear for lunch. Going to try to hit Rain/ghostbar one night for sure, probably Pure another night.
My wife really wants to visit the Pussycat Dolls Lounge @ Pure and the Playboy Club @ Palms. I was like, "OK, I think I can deal with that."
Any thoughts on whether this would be a good use of money?
Ka is a good show. Make sure and go upstairs from Playboy Lounge to Moon Club. The Playboy club is more about gambling. You'll see once you get there. Also, get early enough for the Pussycat Dolls lounge to see the shows. I got there late and missed any show they do.
Not sure about those passes. Looks similar to what they give out when you stay at the Palms.
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
As far as the clubs are concerned, either get their early or get a table, it is the busiest weekend of the year. Probably same goes
for any of the restuarants. Tiesticles is playing two nights at Jet
but there should be a slew of talented DJ's, Diggers will be in SF
so hoping we might get a Sunday night @ Revolution Lounge, longshot though. No matter what, it won't be boring Labor Day
weekend.
Originally posted by Shpira
So came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by Illuminate
Let me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Me and 7 or 8 of my friends will be there the same weekend from Saturday to Tuesday for my (ACK!) bachelor party. Still not sure what the nighttime plans are, but I've heard good things about Empire and Drais if nothing else sounds interesting. Word on the street is that Dubfire is playing Rehab, but it sounds like a juicehead/rockstar/model type deal, of which I am none. I haven't had to deal with bs at the door for a long time, so I'm not looking forward to that. Otherwise, it should be a crazy weekend.
Will find out if Dubfire is acutally playing
can get a cabana there fairly easily for Sunday.
Labor Day weekend should be crazy, most of the hotels
will probably cater to the dance music scene, which has not
happened here in a long time. If you need some club hookups
for the bachelor party PM me, I have a friend who does VIP services, it might be a bit pricey but the access and the amount
of freedom you get has to be experienced to be believed.
Originally posted by Shpira
So came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by Illuminate
Let me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Follow-up question -- of the many ultralounges in Vegas, are you basically going to be standing around with your drink if you don't pay for bottle service? Are there any cool places where you can get a drink and actually sit and drink it without paying for your chair?
Let's see.....
No
All those places are built to make the poor suffer.
Yet the majority of the people are standing around
with you, so it is a bit more social.
Originally posted by Shpira
So came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by Illuminate
Let me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
I know you already made comments but Mystere is the Cirque show that is the least cheesy. Phantom wasn't bad at all. Enjoyed the whole show. If you want a good dinner that's not that expensive, I recommend hitting up Envy, the steakhouse over at the Renaisance on Paradise Road, off of the strip. I ate there recently as the wife and I went to some friends' wedding and the food was not expensive but was very, very tasty. I think the first night's dinner clocked in around $180 incl. tip and the second night we had a bit more wine and well that was around $260. Still not bad considering the quality of food and you can wear flip flops and shorts. Two thumbs up.
Like I said, let me know the numbers
and I will sort you out. Were getting a table
for Miguel Migs on the 2nd, so let me know.
Originally posted by Shpira
So came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by Illuminate
Let me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
any updates? I haven't seen any more significant announcements as far as lineups go, although it appears that sharam will be playing rehab instead of dubfire.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment