Compare:
August 6, Good Morning America:
August 21 Interview:
Asked by Ralston whether it was "OK" with him that Nevada is a "pro-choice state," Romney said, "I'd let states make their own decision in this regard. My view, of course, is I'm a pro-life individual. That's the position I support. But, I'd let states have this choice rather than let the federal government have it."
You know, you can't outlaw abortion wholesale at the federal level while letting states do their own thing. I don't personally give a rip because Romney and I aren't going to see eye to eye on this regardless of where he ultimately decides he's going to come down on the issue, but I'm sure this will not sit well with the the people on the right that really, really care about such things. Of course, who are they going to vote for? It's not like they'd vote for Guiliani instead.
Oh well. Just thought it was interesting. For a guy that's trying to overcome the perception that he'll go whichever way the wind blows on abortion, you'd think he'd try a little harder to keep his message consistent.


Comment