If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Trust me, USB 2.0 is plenty fast. Yes you can't compare the speed of a Ferrari and a Ford Focus but the Ford Focus will still go to 100 mph and that's plenty fast for regular use.
I used my 500 GB for a few days before returning it and I was able to transfer 150 GB back and forth from the drive, a LOT faster than I thought it would've taken.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
I know the BX on base has A 500gb Seagate external for like 189 or so. I'm pretty close to pick this thing up pretty soon. I'm sure best buy or Circuit City are comparable.
" Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
If you're not going to be near it to watch the transfers, you can settle for the USB 2.0 but if you are continually doing transfers then it gets very annoying at how slow it is. I've seen some externals on sale recently at Frys.com and other places. Sunday will be a good day to check as the new ads come out.
WD 750GB external (USB2/FireWire) on sale @ Worst err I mean BestBuy tomorrow for I believe it was $179...
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Thats one heck of a steal. Shit I defo need to consider one of those. Any idea if any network based External's are popping up for cheap ? I've seen plenty but all are around $299 (and higher)
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
im sorry, i reckon its a dumb question but i was also thinking about the ethernet one and i dont know if it will work for me.
my internet is dsl. the telephone line is connected to a wireless router on my room, but since this router's coverage is limited, an ethernet cable comes out of it and is connected to another wireless router, on the other side of the house, for wireless coverage over there.
if i buy an ethernet based external hard drive, and plug it in the router on my room:
1 - could i connect wireless to it, or would i still have to connect through ethernet?
2.- a computer connected to the router set up at the other side of the house, could it connect, through wireless or ethernet, to this hard drive?
Kamal. Why did you return the External? I've read the whole thread and can't figure why you would not want one.
I know I want one of those.
it was a birthday present and I had to choose between a dual TV tuner card or a WD external HD. I tried the HD and realized I wanted to fool with the TV Tuner card a lot more
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
im sorry, i reckon its a dumb question but i was also thinking about the ethernet one and i dont know if it will work for me.
my internet is dsl. the telephone line is connected to a wireless router on my room, but since this router's coverage is limited, an ethernet cable comes out of it and is connected to another wireless router, on the other side of the house, for wireless coverage over there.
if i buy an ethernet based external hard drive, and plug it in the router on my room:
1 - could i connect wireless to it, or would i still have to connect through ethernet?
2.- a computer connected to the router set up at the other side of the house, could it connect, through wireless or ethernet, to this hard drive?
if its connected to the router, anything that connects to the router (wireless or wired) will be able to connect to the router.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
if its connected to the router, anything that connects to the router (wireless or wired) will be able to connect to the router.
but through wireless transfers would be done at a much slower speed? i would mainly be using this as a storage "server", where i would have all my music and play from there. i just dont want the tracks to "Freeze" for a couple of seconds...
My six month old WD 500G My Book premium external recently started having issues booting up. Had a feeling something was up so I purchased a Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750 G Thursday ($199 @ Costco) and was going to transfer my data to that. Too fucking late. The drive went south and would not let me into the music file with my 300G's of mp3's. Thank god I had another WD My Book backup (although the backup was a couple of months old). Lost all my data from July to present.
I was told by few people not to buy WD external hard drives. I learned the hard way.
Could always try a disk recovery if things just got corrupted (especially if still runs)...can't tell you how many times THAT'S saved me (with very minimal data loss)
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment