If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
(Vince Vaughn to play Alex in the movie of his life. What the...!!)
I was getting a catscan of my left wrist (which is broken in two places it seems) and had to do that interview on my blackberry in 30 min in the doctor's office plastered with "please turn off all cell phones" signs-gimme more time and I'm sure I could come up with something better-lol
Thanks for the plug, Alex and all the best for the new night to you, Noah and Gregor but one question..I can't recall to have heard one Electro track at all in your mixes so far..not even close to it. Are you playing Electro tracks when you DJ live but you don't do it in promo mixes?
Thanks for the plug, Alex and all the best for the new night to you, Noah and Gregor but one question..I can't recall to have heard one Electro track at all in your mixes so far..not even close to it. Are you playing Electro tracks when you DJ live but you don't do it in promo mixes?
Well our live sets are usually significantly more electro-y and peak time-ish than the promos because what works well at 2:30am isn't always what you're interested in hearing in the car or at an afterparty or whatnot. It's also far too common imho for DJs who play certain electro tracks to string them together with little regard for programming a journey and what you get is a generic unemotional trip down BOMB lane with stormer after stormer. We're most likely going to record Toronto so maybe we can post that to give a more comprehensive idea of our sound.......
I was getting a catscan of my left wrist (which is broken in two places it seems) and had to do that interview on my blackberry in 30 min in the doctor's office plastered with "please turn off all cell phones" signs-gimme more time and I'm sure I could come up with something better-lol
Damn, that's painfull. How'd you manage that? Hope you're feeling alright and able to do your magic tonight!! See you on the flip side!!
Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
Damn, that's painfull. How'd you manage that? Hope you're feeling alright and able to do your magic tonight!! See you on the flip side!!
Hey bro, well there are cooler things to do than break your wrist longboarding home from the Daft Punk Afterparty at 4:30 am in the rain but all in all it's not that bad-it's only my wrist they've put in a cast and not the whole elbow as I had feared. I didn't go to hospital for 5 days after it happened because I needed to play CITRIC the following evening and was so scared they were going to put it ina "L" shaped cast which would have made for significantly more trouble in the mixing category. Noah and I played gimp style at Le Souk this tuesday and things seem to be in as good working order as they could be-we're super pumped and just a little concerned about flight delays etc........
Hey bro, well there are cooler things to do than break your wrist longboarding home from the Daft Punk Afterparty at 4:30 am in the rain but all in all it's not that bad-it's only my wrist they've put in a cast and not the whole elbow as I had feared. I didn't go to hospital for 5 days after it happened because I needed to play CITRIC the following evening and was so scared they were going to put it ina "L" shaped cast which would have made for significantly more trouble in the mixing category. Noah and I played gimp style at Le Souk this tuesday and things seem to be in as good working order as they could be-we're super pumped and just a little concerned about flight delays etc........
That's a "Hey Sista"! Ages ago I broke my wrist rollerskating at the rink. Miss those disco ball daze. I can't believe you waited 5 days to go to the hospital, I remember being in agony and it was only a hairline crack.
I have the faith that the flight will get you here on time. There's no other choice! ;-
Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
I had such a fantastic time! The warm up d.j's did a great job getting everyone going and priming us up for Holosound. Unfortunately their flight was delayed so they got on the decks around 2am and went 'till about 4:30am (I think ) Their set was def a great one and my feet were killing me the next day!!! Can't wait for their return!!
Congrats to Gregor and his team for throwing such a great party and I'm so happy its a weekly event!
Nice to briefly meet you Alex! Looking forward to the next time!
Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
I had such a fantastic time! The warm up d.j's did a great job getting everyone going and priming us up for Holosound. Unfortunately their flight was delayed so they got on the decks around 2am and went 'till about 4:30am (I think ) Their set was def a great one and my feet were killing me the next day!!! Can't wait for their return!!
Congrats to Gregor and his team for throwing such a great party and I'm so happy its a weekly event!
Nice to briefly meet you Alex! Looking forward to the next time!
Nice to meet you too! Great night overall-next time you should come to the afterparty-it was a dirty tech house marathon!
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment