Yeah, this does in fact sound much more like Dubfire than Deep Dish..at least up until minute 40. After that it does sound like maybe Sharam got on the decks. But as a duo (or as Sharam being on) I don't see tracks by Joel Mull being dropped, or any of that dark, techno that's being played for the first forty minutes of the set.
Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
Collapse
X
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
Yeah, this does in fact sound much more like Dubfire than Deep Dish..at least up until minute 40. After that it does sound like maybe Sharam got on the decks. But as a duo (or as Sharam being on) I don't see tracks by Joel Mull being dropped, or any of that dark, techno that's being played for the first forty minutes of the set. -
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
thanks gatzBefore you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.Comment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
I was also there & remember that they played for more than an hour so this isn't the whole set. I also remember that their set was pretty pretty good except for sharam's p.a.t.t. bullshit at the end. Even almost as good as uncle sasha & uncle john's set and they definitely brought it in the short time they had.I am totally confused now...not that I wasn't before....
If this is the set DEEP DISH played at the Virgin Festival at Baltimore 5th Aug Sunday 2007, then I was at another show entirely.
If my memory serves me right they opened with Say Hello just after Crystal Methods wicked set, which was the beginning of the end for me. I knew the night was about to go terribly wrong from this point on.
Also the pair of them seemed to part company on the stage at one point, the music came to an abrupt halt and people started to boo at their apparent disregard for the crowd.
Can you please confirm this is a live set from that show, or a mix purely be Ali-Dubfire?Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.Comment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
Anyone happen to have Sasha & Digweeds Virgin Fest set?Push the envelope, watch it bend.
www.kansascitytechno.com
Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011Comment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
I have listened to this set a few times now and I am still not convinced it is from the festival. I do distinctly recall a half decent few minutes but yes Sharam did drop P.A.T.T at the end and it is not on this mix, neither is Say Hello they opened with...If anyone has or can prove this is the real deal I will listen with curiosity as I was not really impressed by their short set,,,,then again I was pretty wasted!!!Comment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
I have listened to this set a few times now and I am still not convinced it is from the festival. I do distinctly recall a half decent few minutes but yes Sharam did drop P.A.T.T at the end and it is not on this mix, neither is Say Hello they opened with...If anyone has or can prove this is the real deal I will listen with curiosity as I was not really impressed by their short set,,,,then again I was pretty wasted!!!
As you were already told before by my buddy Zero...... Deep Dish played from 6:00-8:45. This rip is from around 7-8 (which is only an hour of it). It IS Deep Dish, and it IS the set from the festival. It was broadcasted live via XM radio. It was also on Sunday August 5th, not the 4th. if you cant figure that out, then you need to get a clue. The first song ISNT on there, neither is the last. Thats why it is only an hour long! Someone who ripped it, took the BEST hour and posted it. Does that mean it isnt real? NO. If you were there like myself, you might have been able to figure it out. Shit, you claim you were wasted..... Do you think we were straight? But I still rememberMind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.
Comment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
We arent lucky enough to get this. Maybe Digweed will host an hour on his show some time in the future, but dont count on it. What a great set Diggers played tho. PHEW. Dark and Heavy.... Just how I like it. Hopefully he does the same in NYC tommorow night!Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.
Comment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
Word!
I was there Saturday and caught Booka Shade, DT, and S&D. I have seen JZ's and this set from Sunday posted. Where are the Saturday sets? Anyone know?
Edit- Just seeing you post Jay- thanks for the info. Yeah, I was taken by Diggers that set, one of his best in awhile. Deep, dark and heavy, like the good ol times, and relentless as hell too. Sasha on the other hand, lacked that night imo. Keep an eye out and if it surfaces, let me know.Push the envelope, watch it bend.
www.kansascitytechno.com
Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011Comment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
Relax man...It is not my problem you have a president named GEORGE...
If anyone else enjoys winding up americans, go to https://www.didyouhavesexualrelation...dnotinhale.comComment
-
Re: Deep Dish - Live at Virgin Festival 2007-SAT-08-04-2007-TALiON
if they played from 6 to 8.45 where did the crystal method fit in? you guys are full of it...Comment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment