Yeah not a big fan of Burridge unfortunately. But if Sander can pull off a comeback mix, I'll give Burridge a listen
Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
Collapse
X
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
Yeah not a big fan of Burridge unfortunately. But if Sander can pull off a comeback mix, I'll give Burridge a listen

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
I saw him last year and he was a lot of fun!! Not totally my style of music but still a really good night so I have my ticket to see him in a couple of weeks.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
disc 1 has not left the ipod since i got this. very, very good!
haven't even listened to disc 2 or 3 yet.Comment
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
shit, i didnt know that.. thats thanksgiving weekend dammit, I may not be in town. Saw him at BED wmc 05.. amazing show!
this balance cd set is very goodComment
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
Didnt expect much from Lee Burridge. Wasn?t too impressed by both his Nubreed and
24/7-Albums.
But...
Those CDs are smokin

Haven?t heard such a good album since Fortier?s Balance. And then I have to admit
that I didn?t like Fortiers third disc.
Thanks, Lee



Comment
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
hell yea! still listening to this.. great stuff.
here is a good interview:
I had two ideas when I began the process of making this CD. First was to make sure all three CDs work together as like one piece of music. But I also wanted to make them interesting enough, so it wasn’t just the same CD over and over again. I was trying to represent myself in a club, but also make an experience you can listen to at home. So that was the first idea, and the second one was that I’ve been wanted a CD together for a while, with different sounds; a little beautiful, kind of melancholic, warm, music made from passion. And that was CD one – it’s almost like a downtempo, chill out CD, without being downtempo. It’s really nice, very listenable music, there’s a lot of emotion in the first CD. The second CD, that’s where things started to become clubby and druggy, I actually struggled a lot with the second mix.
At one point I was on the telephone with Tom from Balance, saying “Hei, you know I was talking about doing three CDs? How do you think two CDs are going to sound?” I was just having a problem getting a flow. So then I woke up one day and decided to make it and turned out is one of my favorites. It’s definitely kind of wonky, bouncy, druggy house music; there are a lot of transitions of energy in that CD. I keep describing it like is very drummy; drummy isn’t a word, but it is now.This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...
-Chris
Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photographyComment
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
If you want your cds reviewed in the monthly magazines like mixmag and dj, you need to get them out two months in advance of the release date. Otherwise, you won't make the cut. (I've had mine one week, it's out October 9 in North America.)
Short review:
cd one: melodic techno
cd two: minimal yet funky
cd three: faster, chugging techno
I'm torn between one and three as the best of the bunch.PhilipComment
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
yes! i'm catching him at lovelee in about 2 weeks. san francisco.This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...
-Chris
Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photographyComment
-
Re: Lee Burridge: Balance 12 is effing SICK!! all 3cd.
Just about finishing CD1 now, great stuff. Giving me the same vibe as hearing Warren's Reykjavik CD1 the first time. I like the way it progresses from track 1 and builds up but never goes over the top. Steppenwulf (love that track too) is about as 'banging' as it gets.
Pheek - Magda Had a Little Troll (Gurtz Mix), Phage & Daniel - Elevator

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment