I want to get 2 gigs of memory for my computer. I know I should get DDR2 but what should I get. I feel like I would be throwing money away for some of the more exspensive corsair, because my processor wouldn't be able to use something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227231 or would it? ...
What memory should I get for my computer?
Collapse
X
-
What memory should I get for my computer?
Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 is my processor
I want to get 2 gigs of memory for my computer. I know I should get DDR2 but what should I get. I feel like I would be throwing money away for some of the more exspensive corsair, because my processor wouldn't be able to use something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227231 or would it? ...Tags: None -
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
I bought a pair of these and they work excellent
http://www.gskill.com/en/f2-6400phu2-hz.htmlhttp://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo
Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
You should figure out what motherboard you're going to get first, and then contact the manufacturer as to what they recommend to run with that board. Then start looking for deals. Right now you can easily get 2GB of high quality DDR2 6400 RAM for $50.Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
I paid $160 for those G Skill
they are very expensive and hard to get in Argentinahttp://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo
Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
Maybe we should start buying and shipping for you guys to get those deals?
Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
well, shipping is not cheap
but considering they buy a lot of blisters
and they don't even get them thru the customs (so no taxes)
is very expensivehttp://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo
Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
DDR2 800 is so cheap these days it really doesn't make any sense to consider anything else.
Corsair, OCZ, Crucial, G.Skill, Patriot and Mushkin all have 2GB sets for right around $100. The timings are going to be the only thing that decides how much you end up paying.Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
and many timings will be compatible around as is, whether it's on a 4-4-4 or a 5-5-5...FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
Actually, the going rate on 2GB sets for the past couple of months is $40 - $60. NICE.DDR2 800 is so cheap these days it really doesn't make any sense to consider anything else.
Corsair, OCZ, Crucial, G.Skill, Patriot and Mushkin all have 2GB sets for right around $100. The timings are going to be the only thing that decides how much you end up paying.Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
Back in April I paid about ?230 for 2x1GB 1066mhz RAM.
Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
Yea, the same 2 gigs of Corsair XMS I payed $255 for a year ago is now $60 after rebate.
And a year to let the timings come down for the 8-9 that they are right now.
Any who even considers buying DDR3 right now is an early adopting moron.
Comment
-
Re: What memory should I get for my computer?
The 2GB of Corsair XMS RAM that I bought in February of '06 cost me $120 back then so I'm not too sore over the whole thing.Comment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment