^ to paraphrase Miroslav, citing my conversational terrorism handbook, "if you're feeling rather than thinking, then there's no room for rational discussion"
God
Collapse
X
-
Re: God
^ to paraphrase Miroslav, citing my conversational terrorism handbook, "if you're feeling rather than thinking, then there's no room for rational discussion"you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE----- -
Re: God
Though provoking, well said and thanks for sharing your thoughts, that goes for miroslav as well, because he always brings a lot to the table on these topics!Look guys it's simple.
No God = No after-life = NON-EXISTENCE when we die (or are killed)= Why am I living now??? = To propogate my DNA??? = That's a pathetic reason = might as well kill myself now to prevent further suffering when I get old and get an enlarged prostate OR might as well kill myself now before I turn into a raving schizo and start killing people = SUICIDE = DEATH.
See it's simple.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: God
"proof" is not all around me. you telling me it's my choice to submit myself to an unseen force is your cult's way of saying that there is no proof but I should still believe in it. I would never submit myself to anybody... especially someone who I can't see, talk to, or have any proof of even existingIts not scaring its more rewarding, its more of knowing that you have a connection to your creator, I mean no matter what you say or believe you cant deny that u were created by someone else, it takes lots of power to come to this believe and submit to your creator with out seeing him, its the unseen but felt truth, I mean signs are all around us, look at the skies and sea and even the music you hear, we came to find this. I believe in Him because He is there and great, how would I not believe in the One who everything in my past present and future is in his hands, I believe in judgement day I dont think we were created to just live and die, its more than this, and I'd rather meet Him while I know Him, and not just another human that lived his life in this world enjoying its goods, without even a small appreciation to the Provider, I mean would you like that if u had a guest in your house?Comment
-
Re: God
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Comment
-
Re: God
Bingo."proof" is not all around me. you telling me it's my choice to submit myself to an unseen force is your cult's way of saying that there is no proof but I should still believe in it. I would never submit myself to anybody... especially someone who I can't see, talk to, or have any proof of even existing
I am fulling willing to believe in God. I just want him to meet me half way. Stop by and say hi once in a while, I mean, he never calls, he never writes, its like he doesn't exits.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: God
i actually had a 'God' conversation over lunch. same story, different person... "where do you think we go when we die? really? well i'll pray that you go to heaven at your funeral if you die"
Comment
-
Re: God
Why does a lack of a God mean no after-life? Not sure how those two different concepts are logically connected. Many many philosophies entail after-life without a God so I'm not sure why this is made out to be black / white...Originally posted by fisheyeLook guys it's simple.
No God = No after-life = NON-EXISTENCE when we die (or are killed)Comment
-
Re: God
Well its more of explaining trignometry to someone learning subtraction...there isnt anything to discuss...the signs and proofs are there,,, in physics and chemistry,
its not about just beleiving its more of a connection that you feel once you start it, things get clearer and makes more sense signs become more obvious,,,in the beggining or end its a choice that everyone has to make and is responsible for it...so just chill to the next episode...Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!Comment
-
Re: God

I've never seen someone use math, physics, and chemistry to explain religion until now. but even after pulling all three into the argument, it still ended with "you can't see it, you just need to believe in it"
Comment
-
Re: God
if you want to find it and you're looking for it, guess what? you will find itWell its more of explaining trignometry to someone learning subtraction...there isnt anything to discuss...the signs and proofs are there,,, in physics and chemistry,
its not about just beleiving its more of a connection that you feel once you start it, things get clearer and makes more sense signs become more obvious,,,in the beggining or end its a choice that everyone has to make and is responsible for it...so just chill to the next episode...
Doesn't mean it's really there though..."Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
Re: God
I think some of the points people need to say why you should beleive, even if you dont see signs or "proof" is basically faith. Without faith, obviously you wont beleive.
What do non-beleivers think about Miracles? Call it something else, what do you think of someone having cancer and then the cancer dissapearing? What is that if not a miracle? How can one explain it scientifically?.. just luck?
Or are all "miracle stories" simply bogus?
Comment
-
Re: God
coincidence or perhaps timing maybe...the use of the term miracle pretty much presupposes a god and makes a cause and effect connection that simply can't be proved. One may view that as a faithful conclusion.
So if there are fires in the forest raging out of control and then it rains to dampen the fires, does that automatically mean that god had a hand in it or is it just a possible coincidence of the weather patterns?
Just because something can't be explained scientifically, doesn't automatically require the conclusion that god did it. Nature works in mysterious ways sometimes too
"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: God
but your example of cancer is less understandable as a coincidence? Since doctors actually tend to have many holes in their understanding of the science of cancer, how could you be so sure that your example is a better example of god and not just coincidence again?"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment