Also, regardless of Prescott / Northwood based architecture of the Socket 478, presume there is no difference in the hardware mounts for CPU fan?
Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
Collapse
X
-
Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
Just curious is Super ATA150 and SATA 3.0 Gb/Sec HDs have the same connectors. I have an Asus P4C800E Deluxe Mobo and want to make sure it will work with either HD type.
Also, regardless of Prescott / Northwood based architecture of the Socket 478, presume there is no difference in the hardware mounts for CPU fan?www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meTags: None -
Re: Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
There're no differences in the connectors for either speed of SATA drives. I don't know much about Intel sockets but you are correct. Regardless of the processor revision, version, etc., the socket is standard issue. A 478, socket A, 939, etc. will always be what it be and if you want quality craftsmanship and great cooling, go with Thermalright. -
Re: Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
I've seen some hard disks which have jumpers to set them as SATA or SATA2 if needed.
If you plan to keep the disk after you throw that old pc, get a sata2 and try.http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo
Comment
-
Re: Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
I used this cooler when I had a 478 board
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/41...40c14s49#blankComment
-
Re: Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
Or you could get this one... http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/th...dex.php?file=1Comment
-
Re: Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
Yulp. but would have to put a fan on it. I was never a believer of anything passive.Or you could get this one... http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/th...dex.php?file=1
Check this fan out.
Brush Less DC fans and blowers from Mechatronics. High performance cooling solutions for the most demanding applications. This is a top quality fan made for tough commercial grade applications.
174 CFM
But that is just a tad bit overkillLast edited by rbuffetta; December 12, 2007, 07:16:49 PM.Comment
-
Re: Looking to get a new HD + CPU Fan
That's bullshit. You don't have to put a fan on it. I tested it without the fan and was able to run my system with no problems. I'd rather have it OC'd by a full GHz so I'm sticking with the fan on low.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment