If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
After about 4 years out of the game, I have decided to get back into DJ'ing and am looking for your opinions. My old vinyl numarks were ok, but I am after looking through some sites and feel overwhelmed by the choice that's on offer.
What I want: 2 CD based tables, mixer (haven't a clue about this one, so many out there ), a good amp and speaker system.
I mix hard house and progressive house, not sure if that helps, thanks anyway,
Keith
pioneer cd decks (whatever level you can afford 200, 400, 800, 1000)
allen & heath xone 42 (not high end, not low end, nice combination of the 92, 62.)
powered monitors - krk or mackie (whatever level you can afford)
I've never used Allen & Heath mixers, but I've used a couple of pretty smooth Behringer...and I found them to be really awsome
how come the relatively basic Xone 42 is priced ~10 times a similar standard Behringer mixer?
the xone looks really nice though...but how you justify a $1000 diference?
there is no sarcasm intention in this question, is pure & genuine curiosity...
quality quality quality are the three words to tell you the difference between anything from Behringer...who makes cheap equpitment (there is a reason you don't see their stuff in clubs) and the amazing features and quality build of an A&H mixer.
yeah, agree with jeff and jenks.. having used both xone and behringer.. there is no comparison.
its always better to save and get something you will be happy with and that will last rather than getting something now just to have it, and pissed off when it doesnt work the way you want it.
especially when you go out and play somewhere that has good gear and then you go home and play on yours, lol
there is a reason certain pieces of equipment are industry standard.
technics 1200
pioneer cdj 1000
allen&heath or pioneer mixers
then you have the bargain gear
gemini decks
denon, stanton or technics cd players
behringer mixers
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment