thats insane, cant be true
Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
Collapse
X
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
thats insane, cant be true -
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
Travellers to the United Arab Emirates are being warned about its severe drug laws which have seen dozens detained for apparently minor offences. Fair Trials International said arrests were being made over tiny quantities of drugs and over-the-counter medicines.
British tourist Keith Brown was sentenced to four years in prison after Dubai customs officers found a 0.003g trace of cannabis stuck to his shoe.
Fair Trials, a legal charity, said it has seen a steep rise in such cases.
Golden beaches
Possession of painkillers like codeine and some cold and flu medication could result in a mandatory four-year prison sentence, Fair Trials International said.
In one of the most extreme cases, it reported a man being held after poppy seeds from a bread roll were found on his clothes.
In recent years, chic hotels, skyscrapers and golden beaches have turned Dubai and Abu Dhabi into popular tourist destinations.
Businesses too have flocked to the UAE, which promises a high standard of living because of its oil wealth.
However, while it is considered one of the most liberal countries in the Gulf, the Muslim country's drugs laws are severe.
Last year, 59 Britons were arrested in the UAE on drugs-related charges, according to the Foreign Office.
Catherine Wolthuizen, chief executive of Fair Trials International, said customs authorities were using highly sensitive new equipment to conduct thorough searches on travellers.
"So many people now travel to Dubai and, as we're seeing, many have no idea what risks they're taking or their vulnerability to this very strict approach," she said.
"If they find any amount - no matter how minute - it will be enough to attract a mandatory four-year prison sentence.
"What many travellers may not realise is that they can be deemed to be in possession of such banned substances if they can be detected in their urine or bloodstream, or even in tiny, trace amounts on their person."
Jet-lag tablets
Keith Brown and his wife had been on their way from London to Ethiopia when they were stopped and searched at Dubai airport.
At first customs officers found nothing, but then a roll-up cigarette was spotted caught in the tread of his shoe.
The 43-year-old, from Middlesex, was charged with possession of 0.003g of cannabis and was sentenced to four years in prison.
British resident Cat Le-Huy was arrested in Dubai for carrying Melatonin jet-lag tablets, which are sold over the counter in the US and Dubai.
Mr Le-Huy told BBC News he was forced to sign a document in Arabic and was refused a translator.
He said once the tablets were proved to be Melatonin, police took what he described as dirt from his bag and said they were now testing it to see if it was cannabis.
Speaking from inside the prison, he said he knew nothing of any drugs in his bag.
"I suppose there's a sense of disbelief more than anything else. I miss my friends and family back in London and I'm also aware of the other stress this is causing to friends and family.
"As far as my welfare, I'm being treated relatively well and I have to go through the system and whatever path that takes, I'll just have to deal with it."
Bread roll
Aside from illegal substances, travellers have also been held for possession of prescription drugs.
Tracy Wilkinson was held in custody for eight weeks before customs officers accepted the codeine she was carrying had been prescribed by her doctor for back pains.
Meanwhile, a Swiss national is serving a four-year jail term after three poppy seeds from a bread roll he ate at Heathrow airport were found on his clothes.
Fair Trials International has published a full list of banned substances on its website.
The Foreign Office is advising all travellers carrying any prescription drugs to take a doctor's letter detailing exactly why they need the medicine and the exact dose.
The UAE Embassy in London said it would not comment at this stage.
BBC
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
I bet I would smoke a fucking UAE cop if they tried to hold me for four years, then they can give me a murder charge. Talk about ridiculous. Anything associated with Islamic culture is a fucking waste of space, I actually had a coworker defend the extremists killing women who are liberal also this is the same ass hat that defended the execution of the journalist who questioned the polygamy aspect of islam. Talk about joke religion/cultures/people.
They will all burn in hell anyway, wanna know why cause Jesus said so bitches!The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
They will all burn in hell anyway, wanna know why cause Jesus said so bitches![/quote]
now this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.. its a waste even answering you...I'll see you in hell douchebag. didnt your religion teach you any manners,,,ur prob a kid...Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
Man you gotta chill the fuck out.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
We have a new winner....the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Surely this can't be true?
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
AY BITCH! It's all because of the dirty jews!

Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
now this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.. its a waste even answering you...I'll see you in hell douchebag. didnt your religion teach you any manners,,,ur prob a kid...[/quote]
No but my religion taught me the kings vernacular you heathen. I wish to God, as in the holy trinity, not some joke called Mohammed that the Roman Catholic Church brings back the inquisition, you guys would run like hell. You did in Spain...
Any who, for anyone looking for a good laugh:
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQI0Xm29To[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=F56ZZzz4meU[/YOUTUBE]The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
hahahaha... this is getting good.
im gonna take the side of the almighty hindi gods.
GOOOOOOOOO SHIVA!!!!
but seriously, anyone with a reasonable sense of law, culture, and common fucking sense, can see that the middle east is a seriously fucked up place not worth the time beyond getting thier oil...
/lurks in the shadows, about to be banned for some serious racial and religious comments.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
Yeah considering you don't have your post count to protect you.hahahaha... this is getting good.
im gonna take the side of the almighty hindi gods.
GOOOOOOOOO SHIVA!!!!
but seriously, anyone with a reasonable sense of law, culture, and common fucking sense, can see that the middle east is a seriously fucked up place not worth the time beyond getting thier oil...
/lurks in the shadows, about to be banned for some serious racial and religious comments.The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
Ban the heathen!Comment
-
Re: Most ridiculous thing I've heard this year
my new favorite is that they gonna execute a woman for ....
are you ready....
witchcraft......
i thought science handled witchcraft when the laws of physics were proven correct. be careful all you saudis .. she is gonna put a hex on you!!!!
BOOOOOyour life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment