nice reference headphones for studio use, not for dj use imo, even though i see a lot of people djing with them. only reason i didn't get them is they lack a bit of punch, and felt a bit flimsy- which would be fine for home use, but not for lugging to gigs.
Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
Collapse
X
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
nice reference headphones for studio use, not for dj use imo, even though i see a lot of people djing with them. only reason i didn't get them is they lack a bit of punch, and felt a bit flimsy- which would be fine for home use, but not for lugging to gigs. -
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
^ I have been wondering the same thing. I believe that the nominal impedance and a slightly different design.
I don't understand nominal impedance though. I can only assume that I should go with the higher end ones.Comment
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
Definiteley recommend them.....you can see the difference on these headphones playin at a club....Comment
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
Trying to make a difficult decision. I've got some extra money, should I buy a much wanted but not necessarily needed pair of the HD 25s (I currently have a functional pair of sony's) or go see zabiela on march 1st.
I'm leaning towards the headphones since they will probably be cheaper than a night in chitown for me. But it's hard to pass up a chance to see jz!Comment
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
i'm seeing more and more of my fav dj's wearing these things...makes me wonder what all the fuss is about.Comment
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
If you need a new pair of headphones then go for it .... they are super light and very comfortable and ofcourse they sound better than my previous sony mdr v700's!
Any one else got these ?Comment
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
Pretty much every self respecting DJ in Finland seems to use them.
I can't really understand why most of the big boys use the Sony 700s which IMO suck monkey balls compared to these.Forward thinking house musicComment
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
i'll be the first to say i don't get the HD25 for djing. they sound fantastic, yes, but for djing in a club, not what i'd want on my head. they are sonically pleasing for home use, but lack punch and isolation needed for a club environment. hate the headband design too. i think for djing purposes in a club your money is better spent on allen and heath or ultrasone. my .02.Comment
-
Re: Sound off about the HD25 headphones...
Just got a pair
Sound quality is absolutely stunning, I haven't used anything that compares.
I could definitely see these being used in a club. They're very small but fit nicely against my ears.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment