If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
This is probably something else most of you don't care about. The first order of business for our opening of parliament today was an official apology to our original Australians!
We have a very sad history of removing halfcaste children from their aboriginal mothers right up until the 70's . Today a large number of Australian aboriginals live in third world conditions. Today we acknowledged and said Sorry! There were time lines and policies set to change all this.
The feeling generated by this "Sorry" are amazing. !! It is a very real historical moment.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
We have a very sad history of removing halfcaste children from their aboriginal mothers right up until the 70's .
Originally posted by KinKyJ
The first aboriginals are preparing their claims against the government I heard. Sweet...
I thought Australia is not going to pay out any claims for that?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
The first aboriginals are preparing their claims against the government I heard. Sweet...
You're right feather. There is no provision for compensation in the apology. They have always been able to go through the courts. This makes no difference. Every state in Australia has already apologized and we haven't seen any increase in claims for compensation although I personally think a lot deserve it . The attitude of this government is to make things better for all not just the stolen generation.
For the first time in years I actually feel proud to be Australian.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
The speech was quite moving. Definitely a step in the right direction. The new powers that be seem to be doing pretty alright eh.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
There are a couple of environmental issues I'm not happy with, but it actually feels as though we are getting some things done in this country again. Vast improvement over Howard and co.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment