doug stanhope
comedians
Collapse
X
-
Re: comedians
i can't believe no one has mentioned Bill Hicks or Mitch Hedberg!
it sucks both these guys are dead.Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.
"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment
-
Re: comedians
I know that the Chappelle's show stole the thunder from his standup routine, but Dave is fucking hilarious.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgp7Le7oPng&feature=related[/youtube]
Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.
sigpicComment
-
Re: comedians
i got a ton of bill hicks material. videos, cd's, bootleg recordings. that guy was on another level. my favorite thing of his is from the Chicago show where he tears that woman in the crowd a new asshole. classic ownage!
and i actually got to see mitch hedberg before he died. he was great!Comment
-
Re: comedians
absolutely, and dave's inside the actor's studio was very insightful!i got a ton of bill hicks material. videos, cd's, bootleg recordings. that guy was on another level. my favorite thing of his is from the Chicago show where he tears that woman in the crowd a new asshole. classic ownage!
and i actually got to see mitch hedberg before he died. he was great!Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.
"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment
-
Re: comedians
you lucky bastard, getting to see Mitch before he passed away. That guy was brilliant. I still love the part when he was on That 70's Show.Comment
-
Re: comedians
I hadn't even heard of him before you mentioned him jenks and a friend had asked if I'd like to see him and on your mention alone I decided to go, then I finally watched his showtime special (which was excellent...the fucker had me at the circus in your head when you're going to sleep...I understand this one all too well!
)
So I finally saw him this past Sat. night and he was absolutely awesome (and quite drunk too
). He's just brilliant at keeping the comedy smart, challenging the staus quo intelligently and having an amazing ability for taking the most taboo subjects and finding the comedy in them (to the disturbance of many). I was so impressed that I even went over and spoke to him afterwards...nice guy to boot.
So I just gotta say thanks for this recommendation...
and everyone needs to see him. There just aren't many comedians (if any at all) that are as willing to take their subject matter into the dark recesses of our brains and society, rather than the typically bland observational humor that the mainstream seem to love.
Kudos!
"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment