That's so true....most of the dj's who started a couple of years ago that i know get very anal about new and "unreleased" tracks that sometimes those unreleased are already released on vinyl....it happened to me that a friend traded an "unreleased" track thru soulseek which was released on vinyl long before......
Vinyl only Dj's
Collapse
X
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
That's so true....most of the dj's who started a couple of years ago that i know get very anal about new and "unreleased" tracks that sometimes those unreleased are already released on vinyl....it happened to me that a friend traded an "unreleased" track thru soulseek which was released on vinyl long before......
-
Comment
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
It is always great to see Howells bust out some records
in his sets. There are just so many tracks available in comparison to even five years back which may cause a lot of imitation production wise but also offer an opportunity with some time and effort in finding those hidden gems, the others missed or those up and coming artists who blow up a year later.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
I got me a pair of cdj's, but I did not throw out my wheels of steel! fuck no!. Keep them and upgrade to digital.
I still love vinyl and I collect those rarities.
I invested too much in vinyl, that I wont sell my decks or my collection. They mean too much for me to replace them with money... but a whore?.. hmmmmmm
Couldnt of said it better myself."A man has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."
Want Spoon'n music?
Check out my downtempo mixes
http://ryanlinneman.podOmatic.com
Comment
-
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
Serato is the way to go imo.....
You can use control vinyl or CD's to play all your digital tunes making you a more versatile DJ. I have around 700 vinyls and got Serato for Christmas this past year and have been ripping vinyls and downloading tracks like mad.
Plus Serato's functionality is great. Looping, cue points, track overviews and syncing w/ iTunes using your smart play lists make organizing your music way easy : )
Look at it like this.
2 CDJ 1000's $2k or so
or
1 laptop capable of running Serato 6 or 7 hundred
Serato $550
Thats 7 or 8 hundred less than CDJ's you could spend on music ; )
Def dont get rid of the Tech's. You'll regret it one day.Comment
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
I used techs when i started 20yrs ago...starting in 2000 I have keyed my music. I just used the wheel( if you have one you know what I mean)
but convienince has led me to go digital......and mixing on a computer is very nice, there are so many on the fly things you can do...when I play out its on cdj's and all my tracks are keyed. theres no preprograming just plain fun, even when I play w/ software its off the cuff....I can just loop and edit all at the touch of a button which makkes it more excitng to me....its all about what you do with what you use and where and when you doit.Comment
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
I guess ill stick to my Techs......If i had the cash id go for a pair of cdj's .....Using ableton is not my thing although i've heard very good resultsComment
-
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
Totally agree with that mate ... you just can't beat the "feel" of mixing with vinylkeep the 12's. you could go through a divorce, bankruptcy, whatever...and you'll always have your Technics. Something about being with vinyl that is more real than 'mxing' on a computer.
It's the difference between fvcking a hot blonde babe, and a robot with a blonde wig.Comment
-
Re: Vinyl only Dj's
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrJBEmz5teA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrJBEmz5teA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment