Suggestions, life experiences? Any help in making my choice would be greatly appreciated.
Taking the Plung into the Digital Realm
Collapse
X
-
So I'm making the switch over to digital format. I'm not getting rid of my beloved Technics so I want to get either Final Scratch or Serato Scratch. Which one do you recommend? I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with USB. I've noticed Final Scratch is Firewire. If I used a USB>Firewire adapter, would I notice any problems?
Suggestions, life experiences? Any help in making my choice would be greatly appreciated.Tags: None -
Re: Taking the Plung into the Digital Realm
rane serato is a more well respected format. just look at most digital dj's these days. Both guys from DD use Rane Serato.
never buy adapters for that kind of stuff. Firewire IMO is always better. -
Re: Taking the Plung into the Digital Realm
I say go with Traktor Scratch over Serato.For your aural infusion of Caley:
http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
http://ultrawizardsword.net
RA: CaleyComment
-
Re: Taking the Plung into the Digital Realm
^definitely. new version of traktor scratch is where it's @. the audio 8 box alone is reason to go with traktor over serato.
btw- search next time-
Comment
-
Re: Taking the Plung into the Digital Realm
Thanks fellas. Sorry I missed the previous link about it.
About the adapter....I miss-stated my question. My laptop has firewire, but a smaller port. If I got an adapter for that, would it work? (Small Firwire > Large Firewire)Comment
-
Re: Taking the Plung into the Digital Realm
no adaptor is nessacary. its the cable you would purchase. theres different cable versions. like myself, i have a 6 pin to 6 pin, but if my guess is correct you'll need a 6 pin to 4 pin cable.I Love LampComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,513
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment