Coinstar machines
Collapse
X
-
Re: Coinstar machines
They also take 7%. Which I don't mind if its pennies, but at that rate I'll count my own quarters.
Commerce bank also does it for free regardless if you have an account
I have also seen coinstars that give you 100% back if you take it in a gift card to amazon or other merchants.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
Suppose you have $100 in random, unsorted change. If someone were to tell me that if I were to count all of that out, sort it, and roll it, they'd give me $7, I'd tell them to fuck off, I have my pride. Assuming that task would take you about an hour which seems reasonable to me, that's less than minimum wage you're "paying yourself" to sort and roll change. Totally worth it, in my opinion, to pay the 7% unless it really is nothing but quarters.
Of course, if your bank will do it gratis, not a lot of reason to use Coinstar...Comment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
Sometimes its just convenient to empty the "jar" into a bag, chuck it into the machine, and do your shopping (most of them in the UK are inside tesco or asda stores, you get a receipt from the machine and can pay with your shopping with the receipt)
But i agree, save it all up and head for the bank.. especially now things are (supposedly) gonna get a bit tighter credit wise
Comment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
even at a bank you have to sort it our yourself...
In the UK they give u bags and u have to put one pound in each bag in exactly the same coins and then they put it on a scale and measure each bag...so it does take ages even if u go to the bank...
What can I say I am a student I have eaten a lot of pasta and a lot of potato's in my days
The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
here it is 8.9%, but still if it is a lot of nickles and pennies i dont mind, its a lot easierThey also take 7%. Which I don't mind if its pennies, but at that rate I'll count my own quarters.
Commerce bank also does it for free regardless if you have an account
I have also seen coinstars that give you 100% back if you take it in a gift card to amazon or other merchants.Comment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
no you don't.
I go into Bank of America every spring with all my change from poker, random shit, my truck, whatever, and just give them a couple of freezer bags full of change. they tag it, and deposit the money in my checking account in a day or two. no sorting.
those coinstar machines are a rip off. plus, you look like a desperate schmuck emptying all your change in those things at the grocery store waiting for the some currency, especially if you just have a small jar, and especially when you go right to the liquor isle and spend what you just received.Comment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
hahaha, so trueno you don't.
I go into Bank of America every spring with all my change from poker, random shit, my truck, whatever, and just give them a couple of freezer bags full of change. they tag it, and deposit the money in my checking account in a day or two. no sorting.
those coinstar machines are a rip off. plus, you look like a desperate schmuck emptying all your change in those things at the grocery store waiting for the some currency, especially if you just have a small jar, and especially when you go right to the liquor isle and spend what you just received.
a six pack of cheap beer and a couple packs of ramen noodles with my coinstar moniesComment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
do it the right way, the last time I used coinstar I came up big.
About $550, 100% all mine as I selected the amazon gift card!!! I purchased movies, cd's and speakers...
I always save change... I never save pennies though. Nothing but nickles quaters and dimes, half dollars and the occasional gold dollar coin.Comment
-
Re: Coinstar machines
Just get rid of pennies all together. I need a hundred of thing these things to make a buck? f Fuck it, I'll go to the nickel arcade.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment