[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GDIjhAs8I[/YOUTUBE]
turntablism
Collapse
X
-
Re: turntablism
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GDIjhAs8I[/YOUTUBE]" Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
soulseek sn buckman28 -
Re: turntablism
DJ Qbert
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLNPy97lZyU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]" Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
soulseek sn buckman28Comment
-
Re: turntablism
ive seen a hundred videos from qbert and craze... and i will never diss them
but what those 4 dudes did was simply amazing. i would love to see them perform live. even though youtube isnt high quality sound, i never heard anything in that 6 minutes that was OFF or OUT OF PLACE. they were dead on!Comment
-
Re: turntablism
Very cool...I love watching stuff like thissigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: turntablism
yo i think i found someone who rivals kentaro.
he rocks some mylo, axel F's theme at the end, and a really cool interpreation of blue monday in teh middle. wicked.
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sCN7I9Pb-F8[/YOUTUBE]you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
-
Re: turntablism
maybe this should be a separate thread, but how about some of this?
The legendary Kenny Muhammad. Arguably one of THE very best beatboxers ever.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5_XGZs8dLg&feature=related[/youtube]mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: turntablism
love it. i have the dmc 2001 usa finals video. never really found many other vids locally & they are like 35 bones to ship from europe.
but yeah, the members of isp & xecutioners are my favs. seen a mixture of them at shows in the past. love it.
it never crossed my mind to surf youtube for some of that. will def check it sometime.Comment
-
Re: turntablism
That scratch is making me itch. Nice vid. Did a search on Deconstructalist tour, that's when I saw them DJ Spooky (not Charile May) was on the bill with Autechre and some other fried people, but could not find anything. Those old mix tapes are the shiiiizzzer with the hand designed covers, miss those days.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: turntablism
i watched the scratch movie a few years ago and qbert and dj shadow being interviewed, sweet stuff. all of this turntablism stuff in this thread is great. im always in awe of how talented alot of these guys are. thanks for all of the good vids above.
i have always wanted to listen to more old school hiphop and turntablism stuff, does anyone have any good suggestions of stuff that i should definately not miss out on? maybe i should start another thread, like the d'n'b thread from the other month that had a lot of good cd's suggested. i'd like to listen to alot more of this and wouldnt mind a good place to start...Comment
-
Re: turntablism
DJ Shadow's "Entroducing" is the quintessential turntablist mix. I regard it as the finest production work ever. Of any genre. I think there'd be quite a few people here who would agree with me on that point, and certainly the balance who would say it's within the top five albums ever produce of all time.
Qbert did a megamix of DJ Shadow's Pre-Emptive strike. It's a two disk set with Shadow's productions on disk 1, and QBert's mix on disk 2. 23 minutes of bliss. I remember i would listen to it on repeat for hours on end. I had ever scratch memorized. the beauty of it, was that it told a story. It's a lot like what Sasha did with Bt's first album, "Ima".
there's about 6 minutes of the mix. Includes my second favourite part with the "we promise to reveal....the sounds of the key-eye". the best part being the call-and-response bit he does later on in the mix that makes it seems like qbert, as incredible as he is, suffers from multiple personality disorder.
I've also dug works by Dj Krush (japan), A-Trak, Rectangle, Shortee & Faust, It's really hard to find a bad production by these people.you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
-
Re: turntablism
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4NidL7KtCO8[/YOUTUBE]
15 years old. winning DMC Champion set. pretty dope.you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
-
Re: turntablism
i should mention that i have scoped out dj shadow. i picked up that cd when it came out back in the day and it is totally awesome. i also have listened to that qbert megamix, i love that also. the part you mention above with the "key, key key" is great. the other part i love is when he scratches and makes it sound like a lazer, awesome...DJ Shadow's "Entroducing" is the quintessential turntablist mix. I regard it as the finest production work ever. Of any genre. I think there'd be quite a few people here who would agree with me on that point, and certainly the balance who would say it's within the top five albums ever produce of all time.
Qbert did a megamix of DJ Shadow's Pre-Emptive strike. It's a two disk set with Shadow's productions on disk 1, and QBert's mix on disk 2. 23 minutes of bliss. I remember i would listen to it on repeat for hours on end. I had ever scratch memorized. the beauty of it, was that it told a story. It's a lot like what Sasha did with Bt's first album, "Ima".
there's about 6 minutes of the mix. Includes my second favourite part with the "we promise to reveal....the sounds of the key-eye". the best part being the call-and-response bit he does later on in the mix that makes it seems like qbert, as incredible as he is, suffers from multiple personality disorder.
I've also dug works by Dj Krush (japan), A-Trak, Rectangle, Shortee & Faust, It's really hard to find a bad production by these people.
ive also had dj krushs mieso cd for a long time, but other than that disc i havent listened to much else by him.Comment
-
Re: turntablism
Steve, you are spot on mate, Scratch is amazing. Check out Q-Bert's house!
Anyone who has EVER had even the vaguest interest in turntables should watch it. Everytime I've shown it to anyone, the first 5 mins gets them hooked and they watch it all. One of my favourite "films".
Comment
-
Re: turntablism
some Swamp:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0KsQvPS1dWA[/youtube]
and as Becks tour DJ:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MA9V-Vygqw[/youtube]
....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,512
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment