If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I've been using only my computer speakers and sub so far. It's probably OK for the type of dicking around I'm doing at the moment, but I would like to have some better sound. At the moment, having monitor speakers is not an option for me.
So I've been looking at various headphones that I thought might give me a better idea of what sort of sounds I'm making, while being within budget and reasonable for my current situation. I'd also like something that's just nice for daily listening.
So I was wondering if there are any headphones you could recommend ?
Sens are usually really good for producing. If you are really looking for some advice. I recommend looking up some of your favorite producers and look for interviews with them. A lot of the time they will tell you things like what kind of headphones they use the the studio. I know there is a great interview with Robbie Rivera from Keyboard magazine out there in which he speaks about just that.
Kazel interview for the spring tour with S & D !
He talks about several stuff, and olso what headphones he use for djing and for studio productions. cheers beers!.
ahh. i didn't feel like doing the work for him, like I have so many other times. Thanks for the link about Kazell...his opening set for S&D really turned me onto him.
After looking around here in Japan, it seems pretty much all the Sennheiser products I've found have a pretty decent markup over prices in the states. The HD600s were almost 40,000 yen... close to $400 right now. I think I saw them on Amazon for close to $300.
Anyways, thanks again. I was also just curious to see how many people do production with headphones... and it sounds like some people do.
ahh. i didn't feel like doing the work for him, like I have so many other times. Thanks for the link about Kazell...his opening set for S&D really turned me onto him.
Hey jeffrey, i've realized that for sure. your posts are everywhere, you're like an administartor. You give Very helpfull advise.
So is this kazell mix up to [ms]?
can you share a link? ive been looking for this warm up mix a lot!.
the onle kazell stuff i've seen on here was his kiss100 mix and one or two other mixes.
daniel...i can't imagine spending $400 on a pair of headphones. That really seems excessive. And on producers that work WITH headphones. I've heard that Robbie Rivera does it so he can mimic what the live sound of it will be, since you can personally have your headphones really feckin loud and not have to be bothering anyone.
I've been using only my computer speakers and sub so far. It's probably OK for the type of dicking around I'm doing at the moment, but I would like to have some better sound. At the moment, having monitor speakers is not an option for me.
So I've been looking at various headphones that I thought might give me a better idea of what sort of sounds I'm making, while being within budget and reasonable for my current situation. I'd also like something that's just nice for daily listening.
So I was wondering if there are any headphones you could recommend ?
I was looking at the Sennheiser HD600.
Thanks for any help.
m8 tbh and i,m being serious here...dont waste ur money on headphones!!!!
i have hd650's and i,ve always noticed that producing on headphones and producing on speakers are 2 different things...plus u will do more damage to your ears with headphones
do yourself a favour and get a decent soundcard and a set of speakers...if u go for the 600's you will have to drive them correctly with a balanced amp, if you dont u wont get the best out of them
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment