Nah we know it came from Frisky of course, can't imagine [ms] whinging like a DT!
"RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Collapse
X
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Nah we know it came from Frisky of course, can't imagine [ms] whinging like a DT!
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
We chose to honor Frisky's request. Other places may not. That's not our problem, nor should it be...let them deal with the hassles & headaches.
As for conflicts of interest, well, Shiva didn't have to take on the FR project. But doing so puts things in a bit of a weird state...that's a choice you make as an artist. It's almost like being signed on with 2 labels...you just have to play the line a bit tighter. If you find out you ultimately can't then it's time to choose one side and move on.
Either share the original source on here if you desire without FR mentions, or don't and go share it on the other 4389223894 boards/sites out there instead...we're not the ONLY ones available you know...
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Yes, mine is a PERSONAL wish, and I would PERSONALLY share my mixes with [MS]; But how can I do that if I can't even mention the word "frisky" since the set has been made for that show? I can't rename it...Actually the quote from Kamal was:
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: New Rule for posting Sets - NO FRISKY SETS ALLOWED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quick update, if DJs who have hosted their mixes on frisky want to PERSONALLY share their mixes here, then please do so saying
"This is a mix I have made"
Please no references to FRISKY.
Thanks
I was thinking of some kind on indirect link; But it seems now that whether I make it direct or indirect my issue still stands coz I simply can't write the word "frisky"...
Ok, can I just write "RitualSounds" instead?
Last edited by Shiva; June 23, 2008, 02:18:14 AM.Comment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Date them!! We would listen to any mix you put up anyway
Dates = FriskyThe 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Edited:We chose to honor Frisky's request. Other places may not. That's not our problem, nor should it be...let them deal with the hassles & headaches.
As for conflicts of interest, well, Shiva didn't have to take on the FR project. But doing so puts things in a bit of a weird state...that's a choice you make as an artist. It's almost like being signed on with 2 labels...you just have to play the line a bit tighter. If you find out you ultimately can't then it's time to choose one side and move on.
Either share the original source on here if you desire without FR mentions, or don't and go share it on the other 4389223894 boards/sites out there instead...we're not the ONLY ones available you know...
I understand what you mean FM, but the timing of this frisky/ms issue didn't play in my favor: My deal with Frisky was done more than a month ago, and even my opening set was submitted & uploaded a MONTH ago (more or less).
Usually when I make a deal I stick to it NO MATTER WHAT, coz that's my word, that's my credibility as a serious artist. And furthermore, my deal with frisky wasn't a secret at all, some key people at MCast knew very well about it because I discussed the matter with them before taking any decision. And as far as my residency at MCast is concerned, I had that one settled with frisky as well before proceeding. I made sure to cover my back on both sides of the equation precisely to avoid a situation where I would be put to "pick" a side.
As far I am concerned I am not dealing with politics but rather with music; And I am not a site manager but an artist, an artist that is also looking after her own growth and expansion. This issue just made it more challenging for me, and I am used to stand to challenges coz it makes it more interesting after all... If this is the price of success for me now, well I am ready to face it.
I know of djs that have several shows in several locations around the world, they never face such such issues. And a radio show cannot be compared to a label, they are 2 different entities with 2 different objects.
As for the 35856541 sites, I was thinking just that. But when I joined MCast I chose [MS] as a related website to me, and usually I try to stay as exclusive as possible when choosing, I try to narrow the sites I go and post my sets at; I started to share my sets on other sites but then I quickly stopped and decided to let others do it, the fans or whoever wants to post my sets elsewhere (legally that is).
I care about MS and I am working hard on making it more "popular", or increase its members (and u know that); Now what would I be doing if I shared my links elsewhere than here? Would I be attracting new members and increase site popularity? I guess not.

So, the point here is not that I have to "pick" a side, coz that won't happen, I promise you that. The point is that I found a LEGAL way to this issue through this exact situation I am in; I am trying to turn a difficult situation into an advantage for the simple benefit of legally sharing my music with whoever wants to listen, on a site of my choosing, and MS is that site.
And I am almost sure that when that episode happened between Frisky/MS, none of them was thinking of the "exception" coz there are no other similar cases: I don't know of other Mcast residents who are also Frisky residents. I think the issue stands around rippers and grabbers that post sets here and there illegally. But now since the issue have been settled for the "majority", it is time to zoom in on the "exception" who in the right side of legality and settle it as well...Last edited by Shiva; June 23, 2008, 10:07:16 AM.Comment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Well, I received some comments concerning this thread, it has raised too many eyes browses, unfortunately.
So, accordingly, I would like to withdraw my claims of this post and not insist anymore on posting my frisky sets on [MS];
And I also would like to appologize if my action offended ANYONE, whether it is MS or frisky or whoever might have felt offended.
The purpose of that thread was not to harm anyone by any means but instead to share music with whoever wants to listen.
CheerZ to all and happy vibing...Comment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Eh WTF? That doesn't sound cool (not you Shiva)!
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
I don't want to increase tension to the already high tension around the whole subject; maybe things will calm down later on.
In the meantime, listeners who are interested in my latest sets can always direct their search towards myblog on myspace:
Lory Gomitoni (shiva_deejay)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.
CheerZComment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Damn! I don't do myspace or facebook
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Try there:
Comment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Oh nice. Like the design.
Comment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
Ahhh, Wonderful.!! Thank you!!!
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: "RitualSounds"[Sudam Show] on friskyradio
um yeah, tons of boards out there that still host frisky and always will...
my only question is this, after frisky charges money and you dl a set, does each artist in the set(tracklist) get money?
since it is their music being played?
or does just the artist whose set was dled or does it all go to frisky?
cause i know alot of people who make music who might want some of that money you are charging when dj's are using their tracks...you follow?
i'll gladly take the bait....i dont believe frisky would have a leg to stand on as far as doing anything legally, just cause you broadcast the music, or even dj the music(unless it's your productions) does not mean you OWN the music.
post all frisky sets you want on visionaryurbantactics.com/forum
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment