A couple Boston dj's represented on there. So you know it'll be quality
Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
Collapse
X
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
A couple Boston dj's represented on there. So you know it'll be quality" Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
soulseek sn buckman28 -
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
it's not all about minimal. Modselektor is more on the electro side i would say. it's a documentary about electronic music...which is always an interesting watch. Every since I first watched Modulations.Comment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
i posted about this 2 years ago. i met the people putting this together. they are from boston and they feature some local peeps of course.
been following the progress for some time.
should be good alrightComment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
I was kinda wondering if perhaps you might have met these people Shawn. Hopefully they can get their funding with all the festivals coming up.Comment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
This looks real cool. Very bias though it seems. A nice tribute to EM/EDM though. Too bad they are only covering a small portion of it but nevertheless encapsulating its essence.(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))Comment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
well don't get down on them for that. It's what the directors wanted to showcase. If they were to try to cover everything, you'd be looking at a 12 hour film.
If you are looking for a generalized documentary on house music, get on youtube and check out A History of House Music. Or you can check out Modulations for a generalized view of electronica and how it came to be through people like Stockhausen, Cage. Or if you want a nice documentary of Minimal techno, go check out Feiern...but you'll have to search that one out a bit.Comment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
i think it's a modselektor trackComment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
in a 2 hour flick how much can you really cover? dance music is too diverse to cover all of it in one doc.Comment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
i thought it was just a basic electro beat. didn't really dig it too much. I can't get into the fart bass sound anymore.Comment
-
Re: Speaking In Code...Awesome Documentary of EDM.
Thanks Jeff, I will most certainly scope them out.well don't get down on them for that. It's what the directors wanted to showcase. If they were to try to cover everything, you'd be looking at a 12 hour film.
If you are looking for a generalized documentary on house music, get on youtube and check out A History of House Music. Or you can check out Modulations for a generalized view of electronica and how it came to be through people like Stockhausen, Cage. Or if you want a nice documentary of Minimal techno, go check out Feiern...but you'll have to search that one out a bit.
ahh, a 12 hour film on such would be a dream come true though..
Apologies for coming across a bit obtuse and negative guys. I know it would be absolutely futile and dodgy to cover all EDM in a 2 hour flick of course -- and I respect the direction the crew and production are going with this one, no doubt about it.
I have not seen this, but I know it would be possible (in any documentary to EM/EDM) to at least briefly summarize, or swiftly touch-base in a quick way, most genres and quite a few sub-genres during a little segment of a flick. maybe I'm a bit confounded and hopeful but yeah, that's just my 2 cents tho. Best of wishes. Lata.(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment