In cubase I use Waves C4 or "Compadre", both work great
Compressor 4 sidechain!
Collapse
X
-
Re: Compressor 4 sidechain!
In cubase I use Waves C4 or "Compadre", both work great -
Re: Compressor 4 sidechain!
I've experienced what Jeffrey is talking about. Depending on your settings it can be subtle. It's a combination of certain settings that causes this. I've only noticed it when using it with a fast attack and release, particularly on basslines. And yeah, you should have a threshold setting. I'm using a freeware compressor and it has it:
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: Compressor 4 sidechain!
the clicking occurs because a compressor adjusts the volume of the track to abruptly thereby actually cerating a new high frequency sound as the wave is dragged - it shouldn't be too nasty with attacks longer than 5ms in my experience, but you can use that phenomena to create extra punch in kick drums etc.Comment
-
Re: Compressor 4 sidechain!
i've gotten out of making electro, and that really seems to be the only type of house that needs sidechain compression. I'm working in a more dark proggy tribal vein now which doesn't really require the need for sidechain compression. Using nice amounts of eq, I can get the sounds in the right places in the mix without the need for extra compression.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment