If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Re: Entering the world of harmonic mixing...frustration
Great discussion everyone...personally I am just going with feel, but I will continue to experiment with harmonic mixing in hopes that in some cases it will make a difference in the quality of my mixes.
Re: Entering the world of harmonic mixing...frustration
I use "mixed in key" a program that sorts out all your mp3 file by bpm, key and renames the files to include that info. . . makes life a bit easier. Don't know thats any help to you. . .
TheIdiotsAREWinning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
Re: Entering the world of harmonic mixing...frustration
mixing in key just makes mixing easier which is partly good cos you can focus on the effects and mixer etc....but knowing your records is simply as good cos you will know which track will fit next......
Re: Entering the world of harmonic mixing...frustration
I think mixing in key would be practical when programming a promo to pass out but otherwise just a headache. I feel that when playing live the track selection comes naturally and I dont want to limit my choices because the chord progression would be wack...
Its already complicated enough organizing and recognizing tracks, why make it worse?
Re: Entering the world of harmonic mixing...frustration
I don't use any software or other developed system for mixing in key, either. I basically just try stuff out and go with what sounds good to me. And I try to study up and know my tunes before playing out life - and to develop some proficiency at "speed reading" less familiar records. There's risk in it, but that's what makes this whole DJing thing fun. I don't really want to remove the performance risk.
Re: Entering the world of harmonic mixing...frustration
lmao is right. we went out saturday, and the DJ was playing house, nothing completley cheesy, nothing too great, he got into breaks at one point, and suddenly i hear daft punk kick in only to hear that fuckwad kanye start rapping, then another rap song, and another, soon, the vibe was gone, crowd halved, and nothing but ghetto folk on the floor.
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment