You get what you pay for. Don't pay for lower end laptops and computers. It's that simple.
so much for macs...back to PCs
Collapse
X
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
You get what you pay for. Don't pay for lower end laptops and computers. It's that simple. -
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
my my aren't we fucking sassy.

I was making my career on Apple while these hipster kids were still wetting the bed and bluescreening "dad's office machine".
Useability is key. Long before they became "cool".This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...
-Chris
Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photographyComment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
One thing that is still driving me crazy, is why the hell is the ctrl key or the option key, whatever one it is represented by that freaking crazy symbol and not just a capitol C or CTRL? that is annoying as shit.Comment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
The Option key in a Mac operating system functions differently from the Alt key under other Unix-like systems or Microsoft Windows. Most notably, it is not used to access menus or hotkeys, but is instead used as a modifier for other command codes, and also to provide easier access to various accents and symbols.
Apple commonly uses the symbol ⌥ (U+2325, 8997 in decimal) to represent the option key. This symbol represents a microswitch, allowing the current to go one of two directions.
From 1980 to 1984, this key was known as the closed apple key, and had a black line drawing of a filled-in apple on it. (See command key for information about the history and the "open apple".)
The Command key has a single purpose: allowing the user to enter keyboard shortcut commands to GUI applications. The Macintosh Human Interface Guidelines have always recommended that developers use the Command key (and not the Control or Option keys) for this purpose. A small set of shortcuts (such as cut and paste, open and save) are standard across all applications, and many other shortcuts are standardized (Find, Show Fonts). If an application needs more shortcuts than can be obtained with the twenty-six letters of the Latin alphabet, double modifiers such as Command+Option are used.
One advantage of this scheme, as contrasted with the Microsoft Windows mixed use of the Control and Alt keys, is that the Control key is reserved entirely for its original purpose: entering control characters in terminal applications. (Indeed, the very first Macintosh lacked a Control key; it was soon added to allow compatible terminal software.)
The Macintosh keyboard's other unusual modifier key, the Option key, serves as a modifier both for entering keyboard shortcuts and for typing text—it is used to enter foreign characters, typographical symbols, and other nonstandard characters.This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...
-Chris
Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photographyComment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
I miss my first edition Macintosh that I had in the early 80s. It literally died on me.Comment
-
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
You're right, I only switched to a laptop this year because I could never get over the fact that you can't DIY a laptop. But because of my move, I decided a laptop would serve me better for my travels.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
....and an update:
so Apple tech support got me in touch with a local authorized repair place to fix the right speaker. They supposedly repaired it and gave it back to me today. I brought it home and tried it out.
It's doing the exact same goddamn thing as before.
Now I'm calling Apple to return it and getting my money back. They can have their goddamn computer. I just don't have the patience or time to keep dicking around like this. Not worth the money I saved.
Moral of the story: DON'T BUY REFURBS, EVEN FROM APPLE!!! fucking POS...mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
thats b/c apple hires hipsters who give the "im cooler than you" vibe, although they know dick about anything other that what MTV and Z100 are playing.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
so I ended up having apple-certified techs fix it a second time under warranty... they spent like 2 weeks on it and then gave it back to me as fixed.
I got it back and guess what happened? It worked for a week and now the right speaker crapped out again.
This is getting to be a real hoot.
Too bad the joke is on me for paying all that money...
mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
I hear by the third time, they will give you a new machine (so I heard from a friend who had a refurbished Mac Pro die on him). So fingers crossed!
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
^ ^ You're thinking of GM. Happened with a friend that bought the new 1500s when they came out. Shit had a bad oil leak and they couldn't fix it.
Comment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
Wow. Sorry for that Miro. Makes me wanna stay away from computer refurbs.Comment
-
Re: so much for macs...back to PCs
Nah I've heard that from two sources who had their Macs replaced with new machines. Except in their cases, it was the logic board that failed.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment