damn, i'm really sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers go out to all his friends and family. Steve James was always one of the realest posters here, an internet legend imo.
It's your friends that make your world
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
what the fuck?
this is crazy talk.... i have known steve for years, bugged him all of the time about new sets etc, just an awesome guy. am so sad that i never met him but he was one of the MS'ers which i had planned on meeting one day or another.
what the fuck......
i am seriously gutted... sick feeling in my stomach."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
I serioulsy can't believe im reading this. I grew up with Steve. He introduced me to electronic music, and I fell in love with it, listening to him and mark spin marathon sets at Uncle Toms Cabin in Tampa. I feel like I have let him down. What happened. damn it I hate being so far from home! WTF. If anyone that knows more about this please PM me. I have no good way of contacting my brother and friends who all grew up together with steve. I am totally distraught right now.
Steve, I love you like a brother man. I really wish I would have known what has been going on. I m going to miss ya man!
Rest in Peace and thank you for introducing me to the music man!" Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
- Me-Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
well, i was waiting for someone else to post what happened, but i think everyone is probably waiting on someone else to do it?
so i hope it's ok that i just go ahead and tell everyone.
Edited
.Last edited by Kamal; November 12, 2008, 06:49:57 AM.Comment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
"and by the way you have no reason to explain yourself and fuckbag to me. i get protective when i see a dipshit around people i care for, even if that person i care for just came in my life a couple hours ago. any ms'r has a certain place reserved in my heart especially the women who venture to foreign lands alone. i just get protective, thats all, thats just me. i've been in enough clubs and cities in my life to learn how to shrug off attitude from fuckbag meatheads and didn't feel threatened so plz dont worry about my feelings, i was just concerned about your well being. i'm glad you had fun and made it back to your room safely. can't wait to hang with you again someday when i dont have a head full of acid restraining me from normal conversation but wmc brings out the party animal in me as you should well know by now."
Just to show what a stand up guy he was. Being protective of me and barely knowing me!!Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
Comment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
also, i would like to announce that we were able to move the memorial jelly event to friday night, instead of thursday. hopefully this will make it easier for some of you to attend after spending thanksgiving with your families.Comment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
i was told what happened, but seeing it written and watching those videos of him. .... i have tears rolling down my face.
this might sound selfish, but this really sucks. ill miss ya steve.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
ditto... tears are a rolling here too...
kind of wished i never stumbled on this thread...
fuck dude.
love you steve."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Last edited by Kamal; November 12, 2008, 06:50:16 AM.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
this sucks!!
i too didnt know Steve in person like none of you guys here on [ms], but from his posts, comments and responds i know that he was a great guy, with a very well developed sense of humour and a very big knowledge in the edm scene!
he will definately be missed..
so sad right now...


R.I.P. SteveGreeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks
"Winston Churchill"
Comment
-
Re: It's your friends that make your world
please let us all know when these are posted.i'm in the process of copying everything off steve's computer onto my external drive. he recorded the whole night of our last Jelly event, which was on halloween. that was his last public set that he played. he also played one of his infamous marathon sets at the afterparty, but i'm sure if that got recorded or not. i'm sure we'll be posting these things up in the coming days.
this is true. here's what i posted on our local board today:
In light of recent events, we have decided to dedicate the Thanksgiving Jelly to Steve James. It will be a chance for us to come together and give thanks for Steve's life ... for all the joy, laughs, music, inspiration, and warmth he brought to OUR lives. And to give thanks for all the family and friends we have to support us - through the good, and bad. We are gonna give thanks the way that Steve would want us to ... through music.
The original line-up that we had in mind will be postponed for a later date. Providing the beats for this event will be some of Steve's closest Pensacola friends.
Hafid Atzel
Mark Lannigan
Eduardo Garcia
Megan Davis
Times are very tough for all of us right now, but we want this party to be a celebration. A celebration of Steve, a celebration of life, and a celebration of friendship.
i need those sets."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment