If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I've been really missing Jibby the past few days and craving his advice and witty comments.
Coming on this section of the forum to read the stories and look at pics and videos has helped a little....but he's really left a ginormous void that just can't be filled....missing you every day! xoxo
sigpic RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
same here. I was looking for this remix of a Foo Fighters track "All My Life" and have always sent him an email since he was my music librarian of the sorts. i've kept his mailbox in my email app and gone back and read some of his old replies. many got me laughing again as he always made me do. he's been in a few of my dreams lately, a dark shadow in the background of a DJ spinning music - mostly Underworld remixes. HIs "big" balooka head with the headphones that I got him. I miss you man.
^^^yeah I did the same thing.....when needing his advice the past few days I read through old MSN convo's to help....it helped a bit, but obviously not the same.
sigpic RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
For some reason, I have been missing him more over the last few days. His absence is harder now than it was in the beginning.. I guess the fact that it's really real, and the reality that I don't get to play "what's happening in your world" with him anymore is here. Steve was one of two people on this planet that I knew I could tell anything, and it was staying in the vault.
^^^I have moments like that as well, so know you aren't alone.
As I mentioned above, a week ago I needed his advice and opinion more than anything and he wasn't there to give it
Part of me kept waiting for his MSN window to sign on or my phone to bing with a text message....he always seemed to know when I needed him and was there....so hard to accept that he isn't anymore
sigpic RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Happy New Year Jibby! You are in all our thoughts and hearts xoxo
sigpic RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
I found myself thinking about what mine and Steve's relationship would be like if he were still today.. Would he still make me the care packages with the newest tunes, or keep trying to convince me that I had a future in "the scene". Would he be proud of me for my new/tech savvy ways? Would he be disappointed that I chose another path, or would he continue to razz me about my relationship? Would he keep calling me randomly from numbers I could never recognize, only to leave messages that I saved for months? Would he be on the verge of announcing the next WMC and talking me into making it happen next year?
Would he be happier, had he just held out for a few days, or made a few more phone calls? I still wonder, and will probably always wonder.
I thought that time was going to make this loss be a little less painful.. The tears don't come everytime I think of him anymore, I guess that's progress?
Last week I chatted with a mate on MSN who was away for a longer time and he asked me how Jib is doing....it took me some minutes before I was able to reply. I doubt the pain will ever go away. My dad is dead since 6 years and my brother since 5 and though I do not think about them daily anymore, when I think about them it's like it happened yesterday and it's almost the same when I start thinking about Steve.
I understand how you feel. It has been almost a year now I cannot believe it. I miss him everyday. Want to tell him so much and can't. It just doesn't seem right.
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment