Body Of Lies
Collapse
X
-
Body Of Lies
This comes out this Friday and looks very good:
Based on Washington Post columnist David Ignatius’ 2007 novel about a CIA operative, Roger Ferris (Leonardo DiCaprio), who uncovers a lead on a major terrorist leader suspected to be operating out of Jordan. When Ferris devises a plan to infiltrate his network, he must first win the backing of cunning CIA veteran Ed Hoffman (Russell Crowe) and the collegial, but perhaps suspect, head of Jordanian intelligence. Although ostensibly his allies, Ferris questions how far he can really trust these men without putting his entire operation - and his life - on the line.Tags: None -
Re: Body Of Lies
Yeah trailer looks good, looking forward to catching it.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: Body Of Lies
can anyone fuse the 2 threads of this movie?
thankshttps://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
Saw it a about a week ago , kind of confusing still there are some brilliant scenes to it
I was commenting it with a jordanian classmate he says its pretty much as close as it gets to reality over-there, also he could see why didn't i understand many of the things going on since a lot of references , are only to be understood by those who lived or know very well the whats going on overthere.
I give it 3 stars n 1/2Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
out of how many?Saw it a about a week ago , kind of confusing still there are some brilliant scenes to it
I was commenting it with a jordanian classmate he says its pretty much as close as it gets to reality over-there, also he could see why didn't i understand many of the things going on since a lot of references , are only to be understood by those who lived or know very well the whats going on overthere.
I give it 3 stars n 1/2Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
I really liked this movie 4 out 5. Solid movie, see it.
Reminded me a lot of things in San Diego actually, won't go into it though
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
It's a decent film and an interesting look into how the U.S. is playing the espionage field out in the Middle East, but it's a very generic movie for someone like Ridley Scott to direct. This is the guy who did Alien, Blade Runner, Legend and a ton of other gorgeous movies.
He's been disappointing me a lot lately - Kingdom of Heaven seemed like a an overly ambitious movie that got edited to shit and boring as hell when it got into theatres (the director's cut was a lot better, but 4 hours is a marathon to sit through). A Good Year was way too formulaic for my tastes and American Gangster, while I did like it for the most part, felt like it should have been so much more. It's like he's kind of given up after having done Gladiator.
And I don't feel like Russell Crowe brought a whole lot to the movie in his role. He just seemed to be in the movie since Scott was directing it.Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
^ I thought Crowe did well...I also thought the movie was pretty raw and organic for the most part. It was pretty unbelievable that DeCaprio would stay there at the end of the movie, however I thought it was an interesting twist.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
I compleatly disagree with everything you said apart from the kingdom of heaven comment...It's a decent film and an interesting look into how the U.S. is playing the espionage field out in the Middle East, but it's a very generic movie for someone like Ridley Scott to direct. This is the guy who did Alien, Blade Runner, Legend and a ton of other gorgeous movies.
He's been disappointing me a lot lately - Kingdom of Heaven seemed like a an overly ambitious movie that got edited to shit and boring as hell when it got into theatres (the director's cut was a lot better, but 4 hours is a marathon to sit through). A Good Year was way too formulaic for my tastes and American Gangster, while I did like it for the most part, felt like it should have been so much more. It's like he's kind of given up after having done Gladiator.
And I don't feel like Russell Crowe brought a whole lot to the movie in his role. He just seemed to be in the movie since Scott was directing it.
p.s. I think this is one of the best films in 2008.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
Russel Crowe for me was the highlight of the movie and I'm a HUGE DiCaprio fan after Blood Diamond. The way Crowe has played a conniving CIA honcho with a pot belly to suit his DC suburban lifestyle and calm demeanor to highlight his graying years of experience was just too good. Yea he let the Australian accent slip in once in a while, which occasionally shook up his splending performance, overall he did a marvelous job in trying to find a means to an end, which included screwing DiCaprio.
I started to lose the movie a bit when they tried to nail this unsuspecting architect in the middle east. It wasn't what they were trying to achieve that was difficult to spot, it's how they presented it.
As for Kingdom of Heaven, it killed this one imo. The timeline + speed of the movie was BRILLIANT. Though both flicks rank high in my charts.Last edited by Kamal; April 8, 2009, 03:58:00 PM.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
I don't know. It just seemed like a role that could have been filled with someone else. Like Bruce McGill (he played George Tenet in W.) who would seem more suited for the role, and the southern accent a bit more natural. Crowe's personal life has kind of creeped a bit too much into his work for me in a similar way that Tom Cruise has. I just didn't buy him in the role, and still think he's become Ridley Scott's DeNiro. I liked Scott better as a director when he was working with a variety of actors each project, rather than going back to Crowe over and over again. Just me maybe.Russel Crowe for me was the highlight of the movie and I'm a HUGE DiCaprio fan after Blood Diamond. The way Crowe has played a conniving CIA honcho with a pot belly to suit his DC suburban lifestyle and calm demeanor to highlight his graying years of experience was just too good. Yea he let the Australian accent slip in once in a while, which occasionally shook up his splending performance, overall he did a marvelous job in trying to find a means to an end, which included screwing DiCaprio.
I did think DiCarpio was pretty good in the role, and he was pretty suitable for the role, and stretching himself nicely as an actor. I really didn't have much of a problem with him at all.
I actually found that framing of the architecht to be one of the stronger points of the movie to show how espionage can be a very crafty game of misdirection. I think they might have benefitted a bit more if they had stretched it out a bit more, and maybe gave the architecht character a bit more screen time and a bit more dimension and personality to maybe give some insight to the fringe players in the terrorism web.I started to lose the movie a bit when they tried to nail this unsuspecting architect in the middle east. It wasn't what they were trying to achieve that was difficult to spot, it's how they presented it.Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
+2russel crowe for me was the highlight of the movie and i'm a huge dicaprio fan after blood diamond. The way crowe has played a conniving cia honcho with a pot belly to suit his dc suburban lifestyle and calm demeanor to highlight his graying years of experience was just too good. Yea he let the australian accent slip in once in a while, which occasionally shook up his splending performance, overall he did a marvelous job in trying to find a means to an end, which included screwing dicaprio.
I started to lose the movie a bit when they tried to nail this unsuspecting architect in the middle east. It wasn't what they were trying to achieve that was difficult to spot, it's how they presented it.
As for kingdom of heaven, it killed this one imo. The timeline + speed of the movie was brilliant. Though both flicks rank high in my charts.Comment
-
Re: Body Of Lies
yea seems like we agree, I didn't say it was bad, their presentation was nutty. All of a sudden this guy was thrust into the limelight in such haste and then done with, was just too soon for a plot that immense. wonder if the director's cut will be better.I actually found that framing of the architecht to be one of the stronger points of the movie to show how espionage can be a very crafty game of misdirection. I think they might have benefitted a bit more if they had stretched it out a bit more, and maybe gave the architecht character a bit more screen time and a bit more dimension and personality to maybe give some insight to the fringe players in the terrorism web.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment