^^ You know, you could have just gone ahead and directly addressed the entire thread to me.
Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
Collapse
X
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
^^ You know, you could have just gone ahead and directly addressed the entire thread to me.
mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav -
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
on a spelling theme, what the fook is this word?
i dropped a bit of a clanger last week letting technology do my spelling - predictive text on my phone that is . . .
sent a message to a mate saying "laura's gone to the pub to take her aunt out for a bit"
at least that's what it should have said - can you guess which word the phone got wrong? damn!
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
Pwned came from Owned mis-typed, and it has infiltrated pop culture or whatever.
Spelling mistakes or typos, fine, we all make them at some point. Bugs the hell out of me but what to do, it's the damn internet. TBH my english has gotten worse from reading shit on in the internet or watching movies and animes with bad subtitles. But I do agree pointing out spelling mistakes and typos in a discussion is a bit of a low blow when it's the point being argued that matters.
But if you can't differentiate or get 'there,' 'their,' 'there's,' that's a whole different level altogether.
You might argue that it's your point or insights behind those 'there,' 'their,' or 'there's' that matter, but if you can't get your grammar right, it obviously undermines whatever you want to say.
Your thoughts are nebulous stuff that goes on behind your eyes, language is the tool you use to shape and form those thoughts so they become communicable. So you can't simply argue that it's your 'point' that matters when your delivery of it or the vehicle it's delivered in, is structurally flawed.
Also, the way you think is very much informed by the language you use. As you move across different cultures with foreign languages, you will realise somebody who speaks Japanese or Mandarin will have a very different way of thinking or structuring their thoughts.
You might say economist or mathematicians choose numbers because they can't be fucked with english, but that's also why those disciplines become so esoteric to the layman. And if you read those ridiculous journal papers, the language has to be so exacting to not have any room for error in communicating those specialised thoughts. Because english itself is not an exact language, it becomes all the more important that you at least master the basics of it if you want to communicate anything of worth to anyone else. Imagine if everyone was walking around with different ideas of 1+1.
You are as much your thinking as you are the language you communicate that thinking with, so if you can't get your language right, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
^^^^^ Plenty of goods points.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
this thread reminded me of this comedy series
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C9yeUcH4EI&feature=related[/youtube]Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
You all suck at spelling....


Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
I really enjoy linguistics. The point feather is making above gets to the core of why it is essential to spell correctly. Although I can completely empathize with runningman, the lesson here honestly is more important to realize sooner than later over the course of ones life. And for the record I think Miro is clearly one of the most book smart individuals on MS. With regard to street smarts, MS shines with common sense, which is what keeps a lot of members coming back imo vs the grammar lessons.Your thoughts are nebulous stuff that goes on behind your eyes, language is the tool you use to shape and form those thoughts so they become communicable. So you can't simply argue that it's your 'point' that matters when your delivery of it or the vehicle it's delivered in, is structurally flawed.
Had an excellent 15 yr Oban tonight
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
^^^damn that's some expensive stuff. Sip it slowly.Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
Brillianton a spelling theme, what the fook is this word?
i dropped a bit of a clanger last week letting technology do my spelling - predictive text on my phone that is . . .
sent a message to a mate saying "laura's gone to the pub to take her aunt out for a bit"
at least that's what it should have said - can you guess which word the phone got wrong? damn!
----------------------------Comment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
DUDE this series was EPIC for me growing up. My dad's friends from the UK would records these on video cassettes and send them for us to watch. Panasonic NV300, I still remember our first VCR. Sucker ran like a rhino for 11 years before it died.
Going back to Mind your language, it killed me when I found out Mr. Brown was a soft porn actor (though I was young enough to have believed it, the interweb wasn't around to have googled for the answer and today it's just unnecessary).
Need to go find the whole series now
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
It wasn't you it was Jenks in the sports section this time that set me off...
Feather has some good points but to me when I am typing as fast as I can and not really thinking about grammar and small mistakes I hate it when people miss the whole point of what I was saying and get caught up on a typoComment
-
Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick
It is too bad that FF doesn't have a grammar checker too. So that it would help people with all the They, Their, There, kind of thing.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment