nice mov ie
Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
Collapse
X
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
The acting was weak and the story was ok at best.. I liked the overall message of hope though.
I believe this movie is getting so much hype because the US is shopping for allies against Pakistan and India is the obvious answer. That is the only reason this movie is winning Oscars IMOComment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
WhatThe acting was weak and the story was ok at best.. I liked the overall message of hope though.
I believe this movie is getting so much hype because the US is shopping for allies against Pakistan and India is the obvious answer. That is the only reason this movie is winning Oscars IMO
I somehow thing there's a bit more to it than the rather conspiracy theory you're proposing.Comment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
well I encourage you to do your research between the US government and Hollywood.Comment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
Just think this was almost A direct to video" Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
soulseek sn buckman28Comment
-
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
I cannot remember the last time a new movie with such a buzz around it appealed so little to me...i doubt i will ever see this.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
Holy Shit another Indian was on tonight representing the Republicans!! What are the oddsComment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
The overall message wasn't about hope. There's several reasons why this got oscars. It's message was a bomb to indians everywhere, and rightly so. It put into light how truly evil indians can be to their own people. It showed how much the caste system still prevails in india. And it shows even more how difficult it is for people of the lower class/lower caste system to be able to prevail in a semi-draconion society like the one that currently exists in India. It did what no bollywood movie has done and that is show the dark side of india. It's a clear message to start cleaning up their act if they want to move forward as a society.The acting was weak and the story was ok at best.. I liked the overall message of hope though.
I believe this movie is getting so much hype because the US is shopping for allies against Pakistan and India is the obvious answer. That is the only reason this movie is winning Oscars IMOMany people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
-Bertrand RussellComment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
^
|
hence why mumbai is tearing down the slum that the movie was shot in and putting up new buildings. i'm taking the cynical view that its just to try and gloss over the problem, but i don't have enough insight to have much of a valid opinion on it.Comment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
If the slums in question are the ones I am thinking of, Mumbai will never be able to get rid of Dharavi (the largest slums in Asia). They have the largest export of leather that is sold out of bombay, massive connections to the underground (thereby far reaching influence in the Political ranks) and the Maharashtra Govt. simply doesn't have the resources to house the population of people who will get displaced from that area if they try any of that.
Imo there is no where that slum is going in the foreseeable future.
As with so many unfortunate things that happen in third-world countries, that is an unfortunate part of bombay which is there to stay (GOD I hate calling it Mumbai, fucking politicians and their 2 bid worthless agendas)www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
Read this about two weeks back, seems appropriate to post it in here seeing where this thread is headed.
Slumdog Millionaire shanty town a model for urban planning, says Prince Charles
The Bombay shanty town featured in the film Slumdog Millionaire should be a model for urban planning, Prince Charles has said, as it represents a better way to house a booming population.
'I strongly believe that the west has much to learn from societies and places which, while sometimes poorer in material terms are infinitely richer in the ways in which they live and organise themselves as communities,' the Prince said. Photo: REUTERS
In his latest attack on western urban architecture, the Prince referred favourably to Dharavi, a slum in which between 600,000 and one million people are packed into 520 acres of ramshackle accomodation.
Speaking to a conference at St James's Palace organised by his Foundation for the Built Environment, the Prince said Dharavi had "an underlying intuitive grammar of design that is totally absent from the faceless slab blocks that are still being built around the world to 'warehouse' the poor".
He pointed to the district's use of locally-sourced materials, its balance of business and homes and its walkable neighbourhoods as evidence for its superiority.
As was visible in Slumdog Millionaire, Dharavi has a very poor sewage system and water supply.
It is estimated that the town contains one lavatory for every 1,400 residents. A local river, Mahim Creek, is widely used by local residents instead, leading to the regular spread of infectious diseases. During monsoon season, streets regularly flood with human waste.
"I strongly believe that the west has much to learn from societies and places which, while sometimes poorer in material terms are infinitely richer in the ways in which they live and organise themselves as communities," the Prince said.
"It may be the case that in a few years' time such communities will be perceived as best equipped to face the challenges that confront us because they have a built-in resilience and genuinely durable ways of living."
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
Considering it was European made and financed, your point is a massive fail.
Fox Searchlight's involvement was only for distribution. So maybe you should do your research before posting outrageous conspiracy theories.Comment
-
Re: Slumdog Millionaire (200
If the slums in question are the ones I am thinking of, Mumbai will never be able to get rid of Dharavi (the largest slums in Asia). They have the largest export of leather that is sold out of bombay, massive connections to the underground (thereby far reaching influence in the Political ranks) and the Maharashtra Govt. simply doesn't have the resources to house the population of people who will get displaced from that area if they try any of that.
Imo there is no where that slum is going in the foreseeable future.
As with so many unfortunate things that happen in third-world countries, that is an unfortunate part of bombay which is there to stay (GOD I hate calling it Mumbai, fucking politicians and their 2 bid worthless agendas)
Multiple Oscar winning film "Slumdog Millionaire" has brought the plight of India's slum dwellers to the rest of the world. But up to a million slum dwellers in the economic capital Mumbai are set for upheaval as the city is poised for a radical makeover
whatever the agenda, i hope it happens...Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,513
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment