i personally think it's an incredibly dumb site. it's nothing but a bunch of status updates. Something I don't do very often, because I like my privacy.
Collapse
X
-
Re: Twitter
i personally think it's an incredibly dumb site. it's nothing but a bunch of status updates. Something I don't do very often, because I like my privacy. -
Re: Twitter
I just recently joined, figuring I would see what the fuss was all about. Seems ok so far, but I think it will take a little time to really appreciate it. Other people on here should post their twitter usernames, I wouldn't mind following some fellow MS'ers. Mine is: http://twitter.com/zabeljjFor if you do it right you'll find the moment never ends. -phishComment
-
Re: Twitter
So when you wake up and feel the urge to drop a huge bomb on the toilet, you take your cell phone out and write an update on Twitter about it? OK this was a poor example but I still do not get why people use Twitter. If I want to update my friends, I can give them a call or send an SMS to a bunch of them. What do I need Twitter for? To become even more anonymous and not talk with friends for real but only digitally? I heard some use it to share news and Twitter is faster than regular media but I also do not need to know if a celeb farted on the street and a dude with a phone and camera made a video of it. I see the point of promotion in Facebook and MySpace but if this is only to update friends, I still prefer "real" contacts.Comment
-
Re: Twitter
I just signed up tonight to see what the fuss was all about and it's kinda neat, but nothing spectacular. Maybe once I get the hang of it there are neat features, etc. that I'm just not seeing yet...sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: Twitter
My twitter status now would be : Browsing the legendary Boob thread
Comment
-
Re: Twitter
Digweed has a Twitter account. @djjohndigweed. Terry Grant is also on there @terrygrant
I go back and forth with my sentiments about Twitter. I find it useful because it's like an IM that you don't have to log into, and people don't have to care whether you're "out there" to receive it. I love how I can simply broadcast a thought/idea and my friends who follow me get it.
I follow a number of people that I enjoy hearing ideas from - I work in technology so there's people like Tim O'Reilly (publishing), other developers, etc. who post thoughts and ideas about stuff. Interesting links get sent around, it's a great place to plug into the vibe of an idea as it traverses around if you're into that.
It's interesting because it lives in that world between blogging and IM. It's "published", but it's conversational - more than a blog is. A blog can turn out to be just talking at people. On Twitter it's one big stream of consciousness.
You just have to realize that you don't have to read every message that comes at you. I hop on maybe twice a day, see what's going on, and get out.
You can follow me @futura if you're curious. There's not much wisdom to impart, but I do typically like to post when I'm listening to a mix I enjoy.may the groove be with youComment
-
Re: Twitter
this is my twitter username Ger_Stokes
I just moan about shit and like futura, i post up when im enjoying some cool tunes!Comment
-
Re: Twitter
Mine is aka_DQ seeing as DancingQueen and DQ were taken as well as any other variations of them I wanted. grrrsigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...
-Chris
Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photographyComment
-
Re: Twitter
Sen. John McCain has actually just gotten onto Twitter recently and is a prolific -- and occasionally hysterical -- tweeter. His post recent tweet:
How does one manage a beaver? Uh, nicely put, Senator...#5. $650,000 for beaver management in North Carolina and Mississippi - how does one manage a beaver?

Comment
-
Re: Twitter
I can kinda see the point of it. Sure it will never replace facebook for real social networking but i think twitter has its good points..
Like keeping up with interesting people's daily lives. Like James Zabiela and Nick Warren post daily with some good pics/info.
Or i recently gave my parents the link to my twitter so they can see what I'm at. Like they don't need to sign up to look at that plus they are alittle old for the facebook generation.
Here's my twitter account.. www.twitter.com/mikeoreillyComment
-
Re: Twitter
toasty hasnt stopped commenting about twitter and mccain for the last two days on FB.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Comment
-
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment