Quarantine
Collapse
X
-
Quarantine
sickly frightening. I remember seeing the trailer a few months back, and it has finally come out.
Television reporter Angela Vidal (Jennifer Carpenter) and her cameraman (Steve Harris) are assigned to spend the night shift with a Los Angeles Fire Station. After a routine 911 call takes them to a small apartment building, they find police officers already on the scene in response to bloodcurdling screams coming from one of the apartments. They soon learn that a woman living in the building has been infected by a mysterious disease which turns victims into bloodthirsty savages. After a few of the residents are viciously attacked, they try to escape with the news crew in tow, only to find that the CDC has quarantined the building. Phones, internet, televisions and cell phone access have been cut off, and officials are not relaying information to those locked inside, and are apparently taking actions to prevent them from escaping. When the quarantine is finally lifted, the only evidence of what took place is the news crew's videotape and the eerie gaze of an unseen man in the distance.you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Tags: None -
Re: Quarantine
have you seen it? i thought the trailer was really well done and the movie looks great from the trailer. but i usually never go check these type of flicks out in the theater because they usually are always a letdown for me. i hope this one is an exception though. -
Re: Quarantine
You guys should see REC, the original, it's greatIf the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is: infinite. - William BlakeComment
-
Re: Quarantine
^ that's what I heard. still haven't had a chance to go see it. Waiting for Saw V to come out, see if I can't pull a double-feature.you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
-
Re: Quarantine
This movie looks really good! I really like the concept of the cameramen shadowing the LA Fire Station.
There is another horror movie coming on on Halloween that I just saw the trailer for... it's called Splinter. It looks pretty scary too--I'm excited to see both.
Here's a link to the Splinter trailer
Comment
-
Re: Quarantine
Just watched this today..seemed decent.It kinda goes along the lines of Cloverfield/Blair Witch in that the movie is filmed by a person holding a video camera throughout. It's pretty much a first person shot.It did seem pretty scary in regards to you didnt know what was gonna come cause the lighting was basically non existent to very minimal.You basically saw what the camera guy saw.I guess having watched Audition recently and the original version of Shutter nothing that American movies come out with are scary to me anymore." Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
soulseek sn buckman28Comment
-
Re: Quarantine
Not bad . . .but nothing new really and acting was kinda weak at times.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Quarantine
american remakes usually are crap.Just watched this today..seemed decent.It kinda goes along the lines of Cloverfield/Blair Witch in that the movie is filmed by a person holding a video camera throughout. It's pretty much a first person shot.It did seem pretty scary in regards to you didnt know what was gonna come cause the lighting was basically non existent to very minimal.You basically saw what the camera guy saw.I guess having watched Audition recently and the original version of Shutter nothing that American movies come out with are scary to me anymore.
the only exception that comes to mind is The Ring, first one was really good."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: Quarantine
Rented this last night and was much better than I expected. Defo like Blair Witch & Cloverfield. Don't see it if you want great acting but did scare the crap out of me in a couple spots. Was yelling STFU a Dexter's sister by the end cuz she got quite annoying. Defo worth the $1 I paid to rent itComment
-
Comment
-
Re: Quarantine
saw this one last night, didn't anticipate the level of goriness that I was greeted with i.e. the broken shin bone. I thought the idea of the movie was unique, haven't seen REC so will defo have to give that one a go. But I think the movie, especially the female reporter, did an excellent job. She's the same woman who acts as Emilie Rose in "The Exorcism of Emilie Rose" and I thought she did a great job in that movie as well as this one.
The extent to which she has depicted how utterly scared and out of her mind she truly was (especially towards the end of the movie), I felt was brilliant. Her shaking hands, trembling body, her slow movements with the gradual introduction of losing her sense of reality when she would just close her eye and shake violently, was incredibly good. She made this movie a real treat to watch.
Though, the way they ended it was rather stupid but that was my only complaint.
I'd give it a decent 7/10www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,520
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment