If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Here are some old Seb Fontaine sets I ran across that I have never seen posted. I know Seb not very popular on here but there are some great tunes on some of these mixes. Enjoy
Seb Fontaine-Essential Mix: Best of 2000 12-31-2000
Seb Fontaine-V99 House Rave vol 2 mixtape ( tape says tall paul & seb fontaine but I think it is mislabeled and just seb fontaine. Not sure of the date, maybe late 1998 or early 1999)
The Seb Fontaine - V99 one is from 1998 Seb was playing that Prototype sound right from the beginning of 1999. I went to see him and Oakie on Valentines day in 1999. I had a flick through it and there are a few Tall Paul tracks on there. I think the tape pack is a Double Pack. Do you have the original pack?
PS Its not like the Digweed one recorded at The V99 Festival. I suspect all the V98/99 tapes where recorded at Golden in stoke or Golden events.
The Seb Fontaine - V99 one is from 1998 Seb was playing that Prototype sound right from the beginning of 1999. I went to see him and Oakie on Valentines day in 1999. I had a flick through it and there are a few Tall Paul tracks on there. I think the tape pack is a Double Pack. Do you have the original pack?
PS Its not like the Digweed one recorded at The V99 Festival. I suspect all the V98/99 tapes where recorded at Golden in stoke or Golden events.
Chunky, Yes I have the original tape pack. It is 2 tapes labeled Tall Paul and Seb Fontaine on each side of both tapes. All of tape one and the first side of tape 2 seem like one set and then side 2 of tape 2 is just a bunch of house track that are not mixed very well together at all. Honestly it just seemed like a fuller to have the side full. What part do you think is Tall Paul?
It could be Tall Paul & Seb Fontaine Back 2 Back as they did it a lot in 1998. They also had a radio show on Kiss FM together at the time before Seb moved to Radio 1. I have only listened to the first half as I got sidetracked. The track at 24 Min's is definitely Tall Paul, it is on his Regression mix tape he played it at every gig i saw him at in 1998.
It could be Tall Paul & Seb Fontaine Back 2 Back as they did it a lot in 1998. They also had a radio show on Kiss FM together at the time before Seb moved to Radio 1. I have only listened to the first half as I got sidetracked. The track at 24 Min's is definitely Tall Paul, it is on his Regression mix tape he played it at every gig i saw him at in 1998.
Let me know what you think after you listen to the whole. I am really curious now to see what this really is. Like I mentioned the tape says nothing but has V99 and Tall Paul and Seb Fontaine on it. Also do you by any chance have any of those kiss fm mixes with Seb and Tall Paul on them. Would love to here some of this mixes if it is like this. Thanks for the help trying to figure what this is Chunky.
Yeah I think this is a back2back set from Aug / Nov 98. They both played most of these tracks at the Gods kitchen Birthday at The Sanctuary in Birmingham. I've never herd of any of the Seb & Tall Paul Kiss shows but they where formatted similar to Pete Tongs, with interviews, phone ins and competitions. I recon all the V tapes where recorded at Golden in stoke. Some of the others have Pete Bromley on who was resident there and a very under rated DJ. He would have to play in between Tall Paul & John Digweed and some how make the transition work
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment