sweet rig i am really curious to see what an i7 can do...however, i have an MSI 9600 gt which is pretty overclocked and it seems to have a little bit of trouble with hd movies. especially when i try to skip to sections or is pretty slow when i try to render hd video files. no complaints with it and it is probably the best card you can get for the price but you might just want to get a 9800.
Dream PC
Collapse
X
-
Re: Dream PC
sweet rig i am really curious to see what an i7 can do...however, i have an MSI 9600 gt which is pretty overclocked and it seems to have a little bit of trouble with hd movies. especially when i try to skip to sections or is pretty slow when i try to render hd video files. no complaints with it and it is probably the best card you can get for the price but you might just want to get a 9800. -
Re: Dream PC
Sounds pretty much like my setup except IIRC my video card is a 7600 and my monitor is a 25". I really like the performance of the q6600. I built mine a while ago and at the time the processor was 300 alone so I was far over that but I also built it using components identified by the osx86 forums. I have a TB drive and 2 500 gigers. One of the 500's has the OSX leopard on it which runs perfectly well.
Kamal, you might want to read up on comparisons with the quad core processors vs the other options. Even though the quad cores are only operating at 2.4ghz, unless your doing gaming, your likely going to outperform the more expensive processors (from what I've read gaming applications don't typically take advantage of multiple cores whereas most everything else does)."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment