You rock Jim!!! I can't wait for this!!
Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Collapse
X
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
You rock Jim!!! I can't wait for this!!
sigpic -
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Just got done listening to disc two for the 3rd time and really paid attention this time. I'm impressed. Opening track is nice, but I don't feel like it fits with the rest of the cd. I feel the same about the last track. About 30 mins in it gets fairly electro sounding, but doesn't stay that way for long. Overall a very nice disc.
Disc one completely threw me off with the vocal track about halfway in. That track did not complement the cd well at all, although I am pretty much against most vocal tracks. I'll take another listen again later and will probably have a different opinion.
Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.
sigpicComment
-
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
My copy arrived today. Let me be the first one to be dissapointed.
CD1 is absolutely nothing for my taste, it neither keep me interested nor does it motivate me to anything. I like some good ol´ house, but it has to groove..
CD2 has got its moments (especially some techy ones), but overall there are way too many nerving melodies in it that makes me grab the remote control to skip the track...
Jim, I really appreciate your work, but this, like all the music GU brings out nowadays, is not my cup of tea.
So, don´t shoot at me, it´s only my very personal taste, I´m sure there will be many people who love this album.

Greets from Germany,
G.
You forgot to mention that you will give it 5 - 10 more listens before writing it off. Or umm right?
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
No. Usually one listening-session is enough for me to judge. It has always been this way...First impressions, you know?
Cheers,
G.
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
16. Andre Kraml - Safari (James Holden Mix) [Paolo Mojo Edit]
Going to have to pick this album up.
ThxComment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Some decent tunes but on the whole couldn't grab me, just didn't feel like there was a bigger picture or progression.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
I wonder when Jim will ask how many posts he has to have before he can download?
Looking fwd to hearing this, last time I saw him at Twisted Audio he was quality[quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
^I wonder if Jim knows what that means? Hope he doesnt get the wrong idea, ya know?
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
A friend of mine would listen to a cd from GU or Nubreed or Balance or other big name labels with good reputations, like 50 times before deciding if he liked it...takes patience for sure. Here's the kicker, after listening to it that much, you begin to understand things about what the artist was thinking on a whole different level and in his case, he would begin to like the album a lot...I tried that approach and the funny thing is, it actually works. I can't say I have the patience to do this with any real consistency, but I kind of wish I did...but with all of the music out there to listen to, who puts in that kind of effort? Typically, no one. You appreciate the tracks and sequence on a different level, give it a try some time.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
I kind of agree with the theory above. There's times where you return to a mix that you really enjoyed, but then realize it's not as good as you remember it being the first time you heard it. The opposite is also true where you return to a mix that might not be your favorite, but you notice small, subtle things about it you never noticed it before.
I find that my mood dictates the kind of music I'm listening to, and when you're putting on a mix you've never heard before, you mood can dictate your first (and sometimes your last) impressions on the mix, the artist, etc. There are times where I'll try to listen to a mix I never really dug on first listen and give it a second chance if I'm in a different mindset and see if I like it better or I'm willing to give it a second chance to see if it was my mood that dictated if I liked it or not, or if the mix, song, whatever just isn't up my alley.Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
For me the best CD's are the ones I bought and where completely incomprehensable to start with and then I randomly pick them up months or years later and they just blow my mind. The CD's that have instant impact I tend to tire of after a while. but so many clicked later. I suppose that's why I'm now not in a hurry for the most up front mixes or Cd's anymore.I kind of agree with the theory above. There's times where you return to a mix that you really enjoyed, but then realize it's not as good as you remember it being the first time you heard it. The opposite is also true where you return to a mix that might not be your favorite, but you notice small, subtle things about it you never noticed it before.
.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
^precisely why it is amatuerish to write it off after 1 listen.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.




Comment