If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Anybody know what I would need to play one of these
I've come across a load of rare sets but they are in this format. I know its a disc but what is the correct name and what will it play on.
One of the discs pictured is a original recording of a set recorded round Jimmy Van M's house in January 94. There's a good chance this is the only copy in existence. If I can get it to play, I mite be able too rip it. I would post it in the tech section but I need the info this weekend.
This is only one of quite a few by Sasha, Fortier & Van M
Re: Anybody know what I would need to play one of these
Look like mini discs to me ... MD is a decent format in that you can edit them.
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
Re: Anybody know what I would need to play one of these
they are 74 minute minidiscs
should be able to pick up a player second hand for buttons
quality is usually very good with only slight compression so if you do get em ripped they will be virtually lossless
good luck buddy
Re: Anybody know what I would need to play one of these
yeah they are either standard MD's or its recorded in that stupid ass sony compression format...I don't know what its called but I remember it was like 4 cd's on one md...and only some md players could play it.
it was like LP MD or something equally ridiculous
TheIdiotsAREWinning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
Re: Anybody know what I would need to play one of these
There's one on there with no bids for 99p !!
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
Re: Anybody know what I would need to play one of these
I transferred all my EM's onto them years ago and then put breaks in the tracks/named the tracks.
Fortuntely the internet came along as it was labour intensive !
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment