Hash Sister pics or STFU
Unauthorized Sets
Collapse
X
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
keep in mind that Diggers did play that same version on his kiss100 show a few weeks after it was released.Diggers was v unhappy when the 2004 Beruit set came out - but we were all chuffed to bits !
It did have up front tunes - I assume the main reason JD was unhappy was that it could piss off the Producers of those new tracks and potentially they could stop supplying him as a result.
as for me, i live in Oregon and we rarely ever get decent talent up here so authorized and unauthorized sets are about as close i am going to get to hear my favorite DJ's in a "live" setting without spending hundreds, if not thousands, to travel.
i certainly see their point in not wanting sets released but i see no problem with something being released 4 months after the fact. if it was a sour night, it is the DJ's problem/fault to perform to the best of their ability."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
I think he was making a point (i.e. if you've leaked it I may as well piss you off by putting it out on my show so it's not that excluive after all) + his comments on his show seemed to subtly make his point - it was a suprise that it existed and I didn't know it was recorded etc.
He did this with Bonnaroo too.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
a lot of great points in this thread for both sides.
here, consider this broader thought though:
years down the road, your dj/production career will ultimately dwindle and dissolute, no doubt about it. your fame and recognition will diminish; and all those cool tracks that you used to play out... will sink into the past. this shit reminds me of that one deejay shadow interview, that i'll post again for great justice: (ff to the 2:00m mark for relevance to this topic)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpKYnRdf0A[/youtube]
but for the future of EM and EDM, an unreleased set just may be the only evidence from past eras -- that will live on -- with some rogue listener, or future dj, who'll still strive to keep teh older traditions alive. if your hoard and squander all your work for selfish purposes, you will have failed hard, and the future generations will be the ones that suffer.(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))Comment
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
^^ good point ... if people judged Paul Oakenfold on his latest offerings they'd never understand what the fuss was about.
His goa mix through to his 1999 mixes prove just how good he really was. If they didn't exist there wouldn't be much to go on.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
Haziel == Tenaglia.
IMO bad night or good night, he is a public performer. Your argument is that a bad night might deter people from buying his next Masters series, but the flip side is, I've heard so many great compilations while catching the DJs live had been extremely subpar.
Also, you think Hernan fans or Digweed fans are in a class of their own and should know better. But the same fans are fanatical about their DJs and will pick up every comp anyway, so how does this hurt the DJ?
Does it hurt the DJ because some uneducated crowd who might hear a bad night and thus be turned off from his next comp? So Hernan's gonna miss out on some clueless fan and maybe we'll have less idiots on the dancefloor. Who gives a fuck about those clueless mobs?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
Hernan is one of the few dj's that had a following and still does before the internet became common...that in mind, I would imagine all dj's on his level to expect their sets to be leaked or whatever nowadays. Do these elite dj's loose sleep over it? doubt it.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
This set release has crystallised things for me as well Haziel, and thank you for having the guts to stand up for what you believe in even though you know you are going to get flamed for it !!
I think the artist has a right to control their own work. We have become too used to getting everything we want for free off the internet. Well we don' have the right to hear anymore than the artist wants us to. We only have a right to hear an artist on any given night if we go to the gig. !!
This particular download is a prime example of why they should have control. !!While it isn't awful quality , it definitely isn't the quality that Hernan gives us . There was lower quality enoughfor me to query if it was real. As such it actually has the capacity to damage sales of his new Album .
Achtungbaby I actually find your remarks offensive. Hernan wouldn't be as pissed because he is a nice person , he definitely would not be happy!!
Kinetic Maybe he was just unhappy because he knew it wouldn't be done in the quality that he would give us!!.
Garrick Don't tell Haziel to calm down. Just because wrong things happen and Djs accept them, what else can they do?? , doesn't mean that Djs like it and doesn't make it right.!!
Simonr, I tend to agree with you most of the time but this time I am vehemently opposed to what you are saying here!!, We get so much wonderful music for free from these guys, the least we can do is respect their wishes. I feel guilty enough that I have reported myself on the local forum that I put a link up on. I am very, very sorry. I should have known Hernan only gives us the best quality! !I have asked for it to be taken down. I wish I had followed my instincts.
Proficient , Once again someone I usually agree with, but not in this case, ! Most Djs do cop it sweet and try and make the best of it. But that still doesn't make it right !! It is still stealing music.
Floridaorange, They are human , of course they lose sleep over it !!
I can't believe all the justification made for stealing music here. It is never right!! Feather, the Tenaglia thing just doesn't apply here ,one because Hernan would never whine like that and two Tenaglia gives nothing , but even so we respect his wishes on this forum. Aren't we being just a tad ingenuous when we ignore the fact that a Dj is unhappy merely because he didn't throw a hissy fit !!
I try very hard not to download unauthorised music !! I really don't like the fact that Members put up known unauthorised mixes. Who can I trust??The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Unauthorized Sets
^hey good to know! lol
Nobody here thinks that some of this "leaked set, pissed off dj" rhetoric is just a reverse psychology way of creating a buzz?
"Don't download the leaked set, the dj didn't want it released."
I realize they say that but do they honestly care if the occasional liveset is recorded that wasn't supposed to be? I think this is part of what Simonr was getting at and think his post is closest to reality, but who knows?
Besides, if the dj didn't know it was being recorded, why would it be there fault or diminish their reputation?
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment